• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Getting involved with a single mother

LooksGood

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with this? This girl is divorced with a kid. I don't really care though because I like kids anyway. She is about my age but only looking for a long term relationship. I'm not closed to that, but I'm not adamant for it either. I am looking to attend business school in 2 years, and understand that ltr are more stressful than casual dating. The thing is though, she is mind blowingly hot, like Victoria's secret model hot. I feel like I'm going to go crazy if I don't get in that. She has been really occupying my thoughts as of late.

I get the feeling a lot of people here will say it's a bad idea to get involved but I'd like to hear some details of what it was like.

manchambo

Reaction score
I think you should leave this poor girl and her child alone. The only reason you can seem to articulate for moving forward is sexual. Ordinarily, people can at least imagine the they might enjoy being in a relationship with a woman because they like her. Apparently all you can perceive is (1) that ********** with someone hot would be fun (and of course it would) and (2) that other elements of the relationship would be "stressful" (and let me remark here on what a strange and depressing way that is to perceive the situation--basically you're saying you're not sure about developing a normal human relationship because it might entail effort that you could find stressful).

This girl wants a long term relationship for obvious reasons. It would be too hard on her child to date casually. Please leave them alone.

fwiffo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Were you not the chap on the other thread asking for advice on dating the supermarket worker, intern and gym amour? Now you're on to single mothers? At 28, do you really want the hassle? Is the child old enough to accuse you of stealing away mommy? Do you want to spend what's left of your 20s caring for someone else's child?

Last edited:

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I think you should leave this poor girl and her child alone. The only reason you can seem to articulate for moving forward is sexual. Ordinarily, people can at least imagine the they might enjoy being in a relationship with a woman because they like her. Apparently all you can perceive is (1) that ********** with someone hot would be fun (and of course it would) and (2) that other elements of the relationship would be "stressful" (and let me remark here on what a strange and depressing way that is to perceive the situation--basically you're saying you're not sure about developing a normal human relationship because it might entail effort that you could find stressful).

This girl wants a long term relationship for obvious reasons. It would be too hard on her child to date casually. Please leave them alone.

+ Fukkin 1^^^!!

I have done this a twice. You just to get involved because she is "hot!" Leave her alone.
And your definition of "hot" probably differs from others.....so pics or GTFO!!

imschatz

Reaction score
You don't just "get in that" with a mom with a young child. 30 something's with teenagers at home are a different story. 20 something's with toddlers around the house .. ya that don't work.

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
I used to be dead-set opposed, then I realized that my dad (who is actually my stepfather) faced the same conundrum and dated my mom and I was very grateful for that. But you, the OP, should't do this. You just want her for sex.

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Only think about this option right after you masturbate. You will be the most sane then.

If she's a single mother she probably has poor long term planning skills, or worse, a feminist. Find out what caused the breakup from the father or his friends.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Anyone have experience with this?  This girl is divorced with a kid.  I don't really care though because I like kids anyway.  She is about my age but only looking for a long term relationship.  I'm not closed to that, but I'm not adamant for it either.  I am looking to attend business school in 2 years, and understand that ltr are more stressful than casual dating.  The thing is though, she is mind blowingly hot, like Victoria's secret model hot.  I feel like I'm going to go crazy if I don't get in that.  She has been really occupying my thoughts as of late.

I get the feeling a lot of people here will say it's a bad idea to get involved but I'd like to hear some details of what it was like.

you need to grow up

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
For the sake of that kid please leave this woman alone. God forbid you should actually start a long term relationship with her; you'll **** that kid up something fierce.

salavanti

Reaction score
As a senior I say the same thing.....leave the girl alone.......you'll screw her up and the kid.........

I hate hearing stoires of single mothers bringing in several men into their households.......

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Single mothers need lovin' too. Just gotta be thoughtful about how they go about doing it.

landshark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I did this for a few months with a woman who was older as well. Her son was about 8 years old or so and she never let me meet him. We "dated" somewhat casually though.

Long term, it's not a good idea for most men. Unless you really feel like you could love this woman, and raise another man's child (circumstances might make this easier, e.g. if he died rather than just being a deadbeat.) then you should probably move on.

But regarding your question specifically, you could put it on just so you can sleep with her, but it would take a cold heart to do so.

At best she will always be a woman who was foolish enough to have a child outside of marriage, and that to me is the ultimate dealbreaker.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads