1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

Getting haircut, need advice/suggestions!

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Handlethevibe, Mar 29, 2006.

1. Handlethevibe

Handlethevibe Senior member

I'm getting a haircut friday, idk what to get! Help! Urgent! Look! OMG!

I don't want anything really short, I like actually having hair. Just give me suggestions pertaining to my criteria.

[​IMG]

2. breakfasteatre

breakfasteatre Senior member

3. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Senior member Dubiously Honored

You've got thick, bushy hair like I do. I gave up on short and let it grow out. I've had much better luck keeping it shaped than I did trying to keep it thinned.

4. Arethusa

Arethusa Senior member

It's easier to give suggestions if you can describe your general aesthetic. There's a lot you can do with that length.

5. oxide

oxide Well-Known Member

I've got the same type of hair as you do. I now have it very short but I think it'd look good if you thin and texture it. It becomes more managable so you can try out new things with a good hair wax or gum.

6. Tck13

Tck13 Senior member

Suggestion: Go to the store and buy several men's magazines. Look through them, find and cut out pics that you like. Then, take them to the stylist.

Or, let the stylist see you in advance and let them 'go to town' when you get to your appt. (Warning: only do this if you trust them and they are a competent stylist)

7. Max

Max Senior member

Nix the sideburns and go shorter so your head doesn't look like a perfect sphere anymore.

8. kapay

kapay Well-Known Member

Castro Valley, Oakland, San Francisco California
    I think you could try cutting about an inch off all over and push the top forward and your bangs slightly up. Leave it a little messy like you have it and a dab of pomade to keep it's hold but still touchable.