• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

getting bored with my normal lunch...need healthy recommendations

TRA8324

Reaction score
So I usually eat 3-4 things from the list below for lunch, plus a spoonful of cod liver oil. Lately i've been getting bored with it. Can anyone recommend some other healthy options to throw in to the rotation? Preferrably something ready to eat or something relatively easy to make that I can make in advance.

- greek yogurt + a handful of some sort of berry
- mixed greens + light dressing
- hummus + high fiber/low carb wrap
- handful of unsalted almonds
- grilled chicken or some sort of deli-meat
- cheese

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
really good cheese, with an apple

canned fish - sardines or tuna

canned beans

Tarzan

Reaction score
cottage cheese
whole wheat bread
kiwi
banana
egg whites
broccoli
celery
tomato
apple

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
OP you can make pasta in under 13 minutes (eg. shrimp pasta), tuna or egg salad, a "burrito" with rice cilantro tomatoes beans etc, steamed veggies, pan-seared salmon takes no time, different varieties of salads (1 red bell pepper, diced 1 yellow bell pepper, diced 1/2 red onion, diced 1/2 bunch flat-leaf parsley, leaves finely chopped 1 small bunch mint, leaves finely chopped 4 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced 1 cup raw pine nuts
juice of 1 lemon, or more to taste 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil sea salt, to taste ground pepper, to taste), etc

Originally Posted by globetrotter
really good cheese, with an apple

canned fish - sardines or tuna

canned beans

i can't eat any tuna but persian tuna ... it's seriously 10000x better than anything else i've had

Originally Posted by Prada_Ferragamo
I eat the same thing 5 times a day, 6 days week

this sounds unfortunate

TRA8324

Reaction score
Originally Posted by shahanshah
OP you can make pasta in under 13 minutes (eg. shrimp pasta), tuna or egg salad, a "burrito" with rice cilantro tomatoes beans etc, steamed veggies, pan-seared salmon takes no time, different varieties of salads (1 red bell pepper, diced 1 yellow bell pepper, diced 1/2 red onion, diced 1/2 bunch flat-leaf parsley, leaves finely chopped 1 small bunch mint, leaves finely chopped 4 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced 1 cup raw pine nuts
juice of 1 lemon, or more to taste 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil sea salt, to taste ground pepper, to taste), etc

i can't eat any tuna but persian tuna ... it's seriously 10000x better than anything else i've had

this sounds unfortunate

good recommendations. thanks. I haven't had tuna/egg/chicken salad in a while, but that's very easy to make and delicious.

cottage cheese is something I forgot about too...I think it's loaded with casein protein too.

what is persian tuna? I love sashimi

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah you can make all kinds of filling/healthy chicken salad with an assortment of nuts, fruits, and greens in it.

Prada_Ferragamo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shahanshah
this sounds unfortunate

I eat for the sake of eating. Nothing tastes good to me anymore. I eat to meet my nutrient intake, that's it. Minus my cheat day when I go all out.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
I eat for the sake of eating. Nothing tastes good to me anymore. I eat to meet my nutrient intake, that's it. Minus my cheat day when I go all out.

This is even more depressing
frown.gif
on the bright side, you can always throw berries soymilk steak fresh greens fish oil almonds and a few grains of rice into a blender and you're set
teacha.gif

Originally Posted by TRA8324
what is persian tuna? I love sashimi

It's tuna from the persian gulf (they have nuclear bombs behind the gills
laugh.gif
)
You can find it in cities across n. America and europe, especially LA vancouver toronto dallas phoenix .....

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

+1

I just don't really enjoy food so pretty much all I eat is chicken breast or fish.

enjoiii

Reaction score

What is the point of going all out on your cheat day if nothing tastes good anymore?

TRA8324

Reaction score
Originally Posted by fuji
+1

I just don't really enjoy food so pretty much all I eat is chicken breast or fish.

I wish that was the case with me...I would eat so much better...and less.

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by enjoiii
What is the point of going all out on your cheat day if nothing tastes good anymore?

To eat a **** ton of calories.,

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads