• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

    Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

    Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

getting bored with my normal lunch...need healthy recommendations

TRA8324

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2011
Messages
373
Reaction score
2
So I usually eat 3-4 things from the list below for lunch, plus a spoonful of cod liver oil. Lately i've been getting bored with it. Can anyone recommend some other healthy options to throw in to the rotation? Preferrably something ready to eat or something relatively easy to make that I can make in advance.


- greek yogurt + a handful of some sort of berry
- mixed greens + light dressing
- hummus + high fiber/low carb wrap
- handful of unsalted almonds
- grilled chicken or some sort of deli-meat
- cheese
 

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Joined
Sep 28, 2004
Messages
20,607
Reaction score
400
really good cheese, with an apple

canned fish - sardines or tuna

canned beans
 

Tarzan

Senior Member
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
121
Reaction score
0
cottage cheese
whole wheat bread
kiwi
banana
egg whites
broccoli
celery
tomato
apple
 

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Joined
Jun 2, 2008
Messages
17,093
Reaction score
12,219
OP you can make pasta in under 13 minutes (eg. shrimp pasta), tuna or egg salad, a "burrito" with rice cilantro tomatoes beans etc, steamed veggies, pan-seared salmon takes no time, different varieties of salads (1 red bell pepper, diced 1 yellow bell pepper, diced 1/2 red onion, diced 1/2 bunch flat-leaf parsley, leaves finely chopped 1 small bunch mint, leaves finely chopped 4 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced 1 cup raw pine nuts
juice of 1 lemon, or more to taste 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil sea salt, to taste ground pepper, to taste), etc

Originally Posted by globetrotter
really good cheese, with an apple

canned fish - sardines or tuna

canned beans


i can't eat any tuna but persian tuna ... it's seriously 10000x better than anything else i've had

Originally Posted by Prada_Ferragamo
I eat the same thing 5 times a day, 6 days week

this sounds unfortunate
 

TRA8324

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2011
Messages
373
Reaction score
2
Originally Posted by shahanshah
OP you can make pasta in under 13 minutes (eg. shrimp pasta), tuna or egg salad, a "burrito" with rice cilantro tomatoes beans etc, steamed veggies, pan-seared salmon takes no time, different varieties of salads (1 red bell pepper, diced 1 yellow bell pepper, diced 1/2 red onion, diced 1/2 bunch flat-leaf parsley, leaves finely chopped 1 small bunch mint, leaves finely chopped 4 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced 1 cup raw pine nuts
juice of 1 lemon, or more to taste 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil sea salt, to taste ground pepper, to taste), etc



i can't eat any tuna but persian tuna ... it's seriously 10000x better than anything else i've had



this sounds unfortunate


good recommendations. thanks. I haven't had tuna/egg/chicken salad in a while, but that's very easy to make and delicious.

cottage cheese is something I forgot about too...I think it's loaded with casein protein too.

what is persian tuna? I love sashimi
 

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Joined
Jan 13, 2008
Messages
2,664
Reaction score
349
Yeah you can make all kinds of filling/healthy chicken salad with an assortment of nuts, fruits, and greens in it.
 

Prada_Ferragamo

Distinguished Member
Joined
Jul 7, 2008
Messages
6,551
Reaction score
106
Originally Posted by shahanshah
this sounds unfortunate

I eat for the sake of eating. Nothing tastes good to me anymore. I eat to meet my nutrient intake, that's it. Minus my cheat day when I go all out.
 

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Joined
Jun 2, 2008
Messages
17,093
Reaction score
12,219
Originally Posted by Prada_Ferragamo
I eat for the sake of eating. Nothing tastes good to me anymore. I eat to meet my nutrient intake, that's it. Minus my cheat day when I go all out.

This is even more depressing
on the bright side, you can always throw berries soymilk steak fresh greens fish oil almonds and a few grains of rice into a blender and you're set


Originally Posted by TRA8324
what is persian tuna? I love sashimi

It's tuna from the persian gulf (they have nuclear bombs behind the gills
)
You can find it in cities across n. America and europe, especially LA vancouver toronto dallas phoenix .....
 

fuji

Distinguished Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2008
Messages
7,062
Reaction score
1,436
Originally Posted by Prada_Ferragamo
I eat for the sake of eating. Nothing tastes good to me anymore. I eat to meet my nutrient intake, that's it. Minus my cheat day when I go all out.

+1

I just don't really enjoy food so pretty much all I eat is chicken breast or fish.
 

enjoiii

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2009
Messages
254
Reaction score
2
Originally Posted by Prada_Ferragamo
I eat for the sake of eating. Nothing tastes good to me anymore. I eat to meet my nutrient intake, that's it. Minus my cheat day when I go all out.

What is the point of going all out on your cheat day if nothing tastes good anymore?
 

TRA8324

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2011
Messages
373
Reaction score
2
Originally Posted by fuji
+1

I just don't really enjoy food so pretty much all I eat is chicken breast or fish.


I wish that was the case with me...I would eat so much better...and less.
 

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Joined
Jan 13, 2008
Messages
2,664
Reaction score
349
Originally Posted by enjoiii
What is the point of going all out on your cheat day if nothing tastes good anymore?

To eat a shit ton of calories.,
 

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

  • 1 - 4

    Votes: 16 3.4%
  • 5 - 10

    Votes: 80 17.2%
  • 11 - 20

    Votes: 152 32.6%
  • 21 - 30

    Votes: 77 16.5%
  • 31 - 40

    Votes: 40 8.6%
  • 41 - 50

    Votes: 27 5.8%
  • 51 - 60

    Votes: 16 3.4%
  • 61 - 70

    Votes: 9 1.9%
  • 71 - 80

    Votes: 13 2.8%
  • 81 - 90

    Votes: 4 0.9%
  • 91 - 100

    Votes: 4 0.9%
  • 100+

    Votes: 28 6.0%

Related Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
427,557
Messages
9,200,729
Members
193,191
Latest member
llloyd4

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Top