1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Getting an Overcoat Made

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NewYorkIslander, Dec 30, 2011.

1. LucasFilms

LucasFilms Senior member

Great thread.. anyway, it is just a matter of how the weather is. In Madrid, Spain, there is no way people is going to wear long coats. All coats are 3/4 as much... not longer.

A long coat is elegant but not appropiate for this weather. My favourite coat to wear in Mediterranean countries like Spain or Italy is a 3/4 Cerruti wool coat, navy color, very light and comfortable, great fabric. People usually wear things like this or sport coats, with technical fabric, even with suits. Maybe it is a less formal environment.

2. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

I'd still opt for a longer coat in a lighter weight, or just wear heavier suits without an overcoat. I pretty much don't wear an overcoat here in NYC unless it is in the 20's (F). I just have heavy suits.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2015
  3. greger

greger Senior member

Hmm, maybe hot weather places like Spain a cape would be better. It's airy. Doesn't take up much space. Seems more practical then being "fenced in" to a coat.

4. LucasFilms

LucasFilms Senior member

A cape is regarded like something very old fashioned and the good ones are also pretty expensive, more than many nice coats

Last edited: Jan 30, 2015
  5. greger

greger Senior member

Not sure why they cost so much. Cutting, making, putting them in and pressing sleeves is a lot of work. Whereas a cape putting in a couple of slits for armholes is considerably less work.

Wearing a cape would perhaps take a certain air to pull it off. It is sort of useless in today's world perception wise.

6. LucasFilms

LucasFilms Senior member

What happened with that overcoat finally?

7. TheTukker

TheTukker Senior member

8. LucasFilms

LucasFilms Senior member

whats the final look of it?

9. TheTukker

TheTukker Senior member

Hè posted that above.

10. LucasFilms

LucasFilms Senior member

11. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

12. LucasFilms

LucasFilms Senior member

I go with him all the time.. I am his double chin, hahaha

Just had a movie produced by him around... I dont rack my brains with nicknames :)

Last edited: Feb 24, 2015
    1 person likes this.