• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Getting a suit?

European Interloper

Reaction score
Gucci just started an inhouse tailoring service that is amazing. I have two suits from them already, and the quality and the cut is great. They've managed to maintain the distinctive Gucci cut and general style whilst still making it MY kind of suit. I have a large-cut double-breasted grey pinstripe, which I love just for the Yuppie era feel it gives me. I also got a beautiful and, obviously, more versatile single-breasted suit, which I am also in love with. It's strange, even with all my bespoke suits, I love these customized ones even more, from the color to my name sewn over the Gucci label...
I advise everyone who is anyone to go ang buy at least one.
--European Interloper

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
if you can spend at least around $600 on the suit (just the suit, keep in mind you'll still need a shirt, shoes, tie) email me with your suit size, and we'll talk. i can show you a few suits that will do exactly what you want, but done thru excellent hand tailoring. keep in mind, you will have to spend at least this much to get what i would call a nice suit. The_Foxx [email protected]

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I've seen Mani suits at a place called Savi that used to be around here (Bellevue, near Seattle, WA). They were pretty cheesy, and even at discount prices were not worth it. They just felt cheap. Even the salesguy advised me to spend the same or less on a lesser-known brand to get a better suit.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm curious as to how much a Mani suit goes for J (msrp). The fact that I can find very little mention of the line, anywhere, seems to me like he's ashamed of it and is only using it for extra revenues that it brings him at the very low end of the price spectrum. It really looks like he tries to keep it as separate as possible from his other lines...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads