• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Getting a facial?

mediafred

Reaction score
I've never had one before, though I would like to improve my skin. Do these really make a difference? Is there anything in particular I should look for when getting one?

Thanks.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Insert obligatory American Psycho reference here.

mfrege

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mediafred
I've never had one before, though I would like to improve my skin. Do these really make a difference? Is there anything in particular I should look for when getting one?

Thanks.

A facial is one of those totally unecessary luxuries. By which I mean that there's nothing an at home facial can't give you that a salon facial can: you steam, clean, exfoliate, moisturise your face, all the while laying down in a dark room with relaxing music - there's nothing in the regimen that requires a salon.

That said, I like them, and if you have a good aesthetician she will also throw in a nice shoulder, arm, and hand massage.

Does it work? It depends on how you define worrk, and working towards what.

It does make you feel and look 'brighter', 'fresher' afterwards. But then again so does taking a shower at home.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
this is too easy

Waistcoat

Reaction score
Originally Posted by HRoi
this is too easy

My thoughts exactly
smile.gif

Nosu3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am using a new facial regime. First I put on a green clay mask to dry out the skin. After, I apply oil from the emu. Then I rub African dudu on my face. At the end I put snail secretion on any trouble spots.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
^ you like it, the african dudu on your face?

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nosu3
I am using a new facial regime. First I put on a green clay mask to dry out the skin. After, I apply oil from the emu. Then I rub African dudu on my face. At the end I put snail secretion on any trouble spots.
oh whew, i thought i was the only one.. are you using the sub-Saharan stuff? I find that the northern stuff really irritates my sensitive skin

Nosu3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NAMOR
oh whew, i thought i was the only one.. are you using the sub-Saharan stuff? I find that the northern stuff really irritates my sensitive skin

I'm not sure, but this is what it looks like:

mvokk.jpg

IsteRed

Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidboy
^ you like it, the african dudu on your face?

laugh.gif

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mediafred

Thanks.

Real talk: your face won't look good the day of. It'll be red and slightly puffy. If you keep your skin clean afterward it'll look pretty damn good for about a week following. If you find the right person they're actually quite pleasant (minus when they go after any blackheads on your nose and the spot between your nose and upper lip). Bonus points if it's a beautiful Persian woman who does them and includes a massage gratis. I have no clue about the long term effects, but it's nice every once in a while. If you're in Austin drop me a PM and I'll point you in the right direction.

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just would like to say that I got a few facials while away on vacation, and they were absolutely amazing. They were 50 minutes long each, and the most relaxing 50 minutes I've ever experienced in my life. My face was glowing, and my skin smooth as butter cream frosting. I got an exfoliating scrub the first day, a vitamin C mask the second, and then a gentle blueberry/coconut something-or-other the third. Had some cool cucumber cream stuff for around my eyes, and a serum that helped reduce inflammation. It didn't hurt either that the woman who gave me the facials was a young, fertile looking blonde hailing from the alps of Switzerland. Anyway, if you have a chance for one, I highly recommend it.

IsteRed

Reaction score
This thread makes me 12 year old again

turboman808

Reaction score
Ah this always kinda makes me chuckle.

But I did go to the spa and got a full body massage and a facial for the first time about 3 weeks ago. The whole thing seemed kind pointless. Some biore strips or mask and then a good moisturizer will do the same thing. As far as the massage, my wife can do the same thing and follow it up with a happy ending and I fall asleep. Beats spending 200 at the spa any day.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads