• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Get smell out of raw denim?

dcgbm

Reaction score
I spilled beer on my APC new standards last night; was too drunk to worry about it, and now it smells like stale beer.. it's not TOO bad though, just a slight hint. Is there anyway I can get the smell out without having to wash them?

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Wash them. This did not need it's own thread, noob.

dcgbm

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. so there's no other method to get the smell out?

hobo_ken

Reaction score
Wash them. Put them in freezer. Fabreeze.

Search.

ma1

Reaction score
smear some **** on them that will cover the smell up

wahwho11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
why cant you wash them? is it like the movie Speed in which you can't put these jeans in a wash cycle less than 50rpms or they'll explode?

speed_movie_bus_sandra_bullock_driving_keanu_reeves.jpg

facepalm

CBrown85

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
four parts water one part vodka in a spray bottle. not kidding.

Kurtz

Reaction score
Yeah, sometimes people take this whole never-wash-denim thing too far. Having said that, febreze+freezer should do the trick if you're really adamant about it...

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My APCs stank of whatever fluids collect in the crotch whilst biking in hot weather. I washed em... gentle cold cycle, Woolite dark, air drying as we speak. I will let u guys know if they come back white

Regal

Reaction score
Bathtub

+

cold water (some soap maybe, but not necessary every time)

+

light agitation

+

hang dry.

Done.

masterllama

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Regal
Bathtub

+

cold water (some soap maybe, but not necessary every time)

+

light agitation

+

hang dry.

Done.

very true. Whenever my jeans get dirty or are smelly, I give them a nice soak, usually with hot water and some woolite dark.

The indigo loss is minimal and they come out very clean. Or at the very least smelling fresh.

bma

Reaction score
-
Originally Posted by Kurtz
Yeah, sometimes people take this whole never-wash-denim thing too far. Having said that, febreze+freezer should do the trick if you're really adamant about it...
-

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads