• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Get me looking great

silvermask

Reaction score
I am a unique individual and always looking for great new outfits, smart, smart casual, or otherwise. However i appear to have a block lately. So if you have free time and can think of a great outfit for myself post it below. If you have links where i can buy that would help massively too ha ha. So you have something to work off i have inserted images of myself below.

EzraPaul

Reaction score

Not sure if you can pull off the loafers though...

white collar

Reaction score
Here's my advice, read through the forum and see what you like. The WAYWRN thread will be your best friend. If you see a picture and think "wow that looks really good" write down what the person is wearing, i.e. suit color, shirt color, tie color, etc. Then every night or every morning look though eBay for the items within your budget. You'll be surprised how quickly you come up with outfit ideas. Some advice I've learned over the years is to take EVERY suit to the tailor. Make your tailor your best friend. If you have $500 to spend on a suit buy a $400 suit and spend $100 tailoring. I can tell by looking at you that you'll look good wearing a staple color item and using accessories to make it your own. Think blue suit with a crazy pocket square. Again just looking at pictures on here will tell you what combinations work.

Now to save you some money.

Shoes;
Allen Edmonds
Alden
Churches
A good pair of shoes will last you a lifetime so spend the money. Stay away from anything you saw your dad wear. Buy wingtips, oxfords, cap toes.

There's a lot of vendors that sell on Styleforum who can hook you up with ties, pocket squares, belts etc. Again, spend the money, the stuff is worth it.

Suits;
(Make sure you buy two button)
Suit supply is very good to buy new, harder to find used.
Other than that see who makes the ones you like in the WAYWRN thread and search eBay.

Now since you wanted pictures;

The top one is an example of a classic look, the bottom two are Harvey Specter from the show Suits, another great source of inspiration.

silvermask

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice it is already helping, many thanks
Any suggestions in regards to smart casual or casual?
Not sure i could rock a banana outfit , especially with loafers but any ideas otherwise?
A blue suit is a great idea, grey does not work for me

I do quite like Marc darcy as a brand and wear their jackets etc.

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks for the advice it is already helping, many thanks Any suggestions in regards to smart casual or casual? Not sure i could rock a banana outfit , especially with loafers but any ideas otherwise? A blue suit is a great idea, grey does not work for me I do quite like Marc darcy as a brand and wear their jackets etc.
A red button-front shirt with a vested suit (or even an odd jacket) doesn't work. Try pink instead. And that suit is at least a size too big (which a tailor cannot fix).

norcaltransplant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I smell a strong scent of troll in this post.

white collar

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice it is already helping, many thanks
Any suggestions in regards to smart casual or casual?
Not sure i could rock a banana outfit , especially with loafers but any ideas otherwise?
A blue suit is a great idea, grey does not work for me

I do quite like Marc darcy as a brand and wear their jackets etc.

Casual for me is a slim pair of dark wash denim and a slim polo or preferably a dress shirt and a blazer. Red, orange, black, and green are all dress shirt colors to stay away from. As you build a wardrobe you can experiment adding those colors in in patterned shirts. I would look at the size on that gray suit and go down two sizes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads