1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Get Foofed

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by mafoofan, Apr 25, 2009.

1. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

We do, but I'm not in it [​IMG]

Even so, I don't think he has a choice whether he gets to do the bankruptcy work. Will go to those assigned to the group already.

A first year cannot be moved to do work where the firm needs people? With such a lack of flexibility with its first years, I would be very scared of my firm's ability to continue to employ me.

2. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt Senior member Dubiously Honored

A first year cannot be moved to do work where the firm needs people? With such a lack of flexibility with its first years, I would be very scared of my firm's ability to continue to employ me.
    Your firm engages in satanism and works for the destruction of the good people of the United States. They need to keep the efficiency up.

3. mafoofan

mafoofan Senior member Dubiously Honored

They're already moving people. My group is actually relatively busy compared to the rest. The problem is that business is slow on all fronts, just to varying degrees. As you might already know, almost all the major firms have already executed extensive layoffs. It's just that first year associates are typically spared.

4. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Your firm engages in satanism and works for the destruction of the good people of the United States. They need to keep the efficiency up.
    I wish we could indeed do that efficiently and not lose so much money whilst destroying everyone's wealth. [​IMG]

5. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Senior member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for
    I don't think I've ever put it ever quite like this, but I think you've hit on something. I pick what to buy through a process of elimination: if something has a detail I don't like, I cross it off my list. So I don't pick what I like the most; I pick what I dislike the least. It's not good enough for a thing to have many attributes that appeal to me; it has to have close to zero attributes that bother me.

This sounds like me.
    [​IMG]

6. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

What would you prescribe to a person who had a consuming attention to details but also an voracious appetite for variety?

Found an international criminal brotherhood. Think what Professor Moriarty could have done with the internet. Manna from heaven.

I don't think I've ever put it ever quite like this, but I think you've hit on something. I pick what to buy through a process of elimination: if something has a detail I don't like, I cross it off my list. So I don't pick what I like the most; I pick what I dislike the least. It's not good enough for a thing to have many attributes that appeal to me; it has to have close to zero attributes that bother me.

Interesting approach. A minimalist, "least-worst" approach to clothing. There's a purity in this somewhere. I could never manage it myself but it's fascinating to read other people's approaches.

7. srivats

srivats Senior member

The more I read about mafoo's approach, the more I agree with it. As I have said elsewhere on the forum, there is something quite attractive about a one shoe and a one color shirt wardrobe. Sounds simple in theory, but the devil is in the details of execution. Though I do not agree with the some of the exact choices mafoo has made, I applaud the theory and its execution.

Maybe I should start a thread on what people would have if they were restricted to choosing just one shirt and one shoe. Or did someone make this thread already?

8. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Senior member

Found an international criminal brotherhood. Think what Professor Moriarty could have done with the internet. Manna from heaven.

I think that I'm already a font of enough mischief.

- B

9. GQDerek

GQDerek Well-Known Member

10. fcuknu

fcuknu Senior member

who is gq derek....

11. srivats

srivats Senior member

who is gq derek....

ROFL ... that cracked me up!

12. embowafa

embowafa Senior member

That post was so FAIL, I won't even quote it.

13. dopey

dopey Senior member Dubiously Honored

[​IMG]

The one on the left is photoshopped - the head is all out of proportion.

14. fcuknu

fcuknu Senior member

OBVIOUSLY. An asian could never pop out that melon

15. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Senior member

I like the fact that the one on the right (Grimslade's left) has had Lasik...much more modern.

- B

16. mafoofan

mafoofan Senior member Dubiously Honored

Subject #4: Iammatt
    Problem: Over-poofing, too much yellow, exploding shirt collar (caused by over-poofing), baggy thighs.
    Foofication: De-poofed pocket square and ascot, higher-contrast coloring, slimmed trousers with shorter rise and longer length.

[​IMG]

17. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

Nice work again. I'd trim up the pant cuffs a little bit, they look rather wide compared to the size of the shoes.

18. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt Senior member Dubiously Honored

^^^ I like my color scheme more, but your pants and shirt collar are better.

19. binge

binge Senior member

But Matt still looks like he has little Vox concubine-feet.

20. oneeightyseven

oneeightyseven Senior member

^^^ I like my color scheme more, but your pants and shirt collar are better.

I agree with colour ( I effing love that jacket BTW). That's all though. The PS was way too much. Foof gets a +1 for this contribution.