• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Threak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
Originally Posted by Kuro
Also please remove his lady friend from the picture altogether.
FTFY

Yeah, this is styleforum, we only like pictures of doodz!

Oh wait, I just saw you screenname. Proceed.

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
With that skill in a law business he is a dangerous man. Come to the dark side Foof.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Threak
Yeah, this is styleforum, we only like pictures of doodz!

Oh wait, I just saw you screenname. Proceed.

In all fairness, I'd like to have GQDouchetastik also photoshopped out. I think the forest and that rock would be a much nicer view.

intent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Amazing work, Foo.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
mafoofan ,you're too creative to be a lawyer....
Break the frigid mould you're imposing to yourself and just be yourself .

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Thanks everybody. I'm glad you all approve of the changes.

Originally Posted by lasbar
mafoofan ,you're too creative to be a lawyer....
Break the frigid mould you're imposing to yourself and just be yourself .

Ha. Do you have a job in mind? Are you hiring?

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
Thanks everybody. I'm glady you all approve of the changes.

Ha. Do you have a job in mind? Are you hiring?

So, how much photoshopping do you do on your WAYWN shots before posting them?

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
So, how much photoshopping do you do on your WAYWN shots before posting them?

I always adjust brightness and contrast, correct for lens distortion, and crop. Sometimes, if adjusting the brightness or contrast washes out part of a picture, I copy and past from the untouched version to keep the detail intact--usually this applies to the sky, which turns from blue and cloudy to blank white.

I regularly remove the Wii from underneath the sofa.

I don't correct clothes, unless something is really distractingly wrong that isn't in similar pictures. I usually take 10-20 shots of the same outfit, in the same pose. So if there's an errant pocket square falling into my pocket in one picture, which is otherwise the best of the lot, I might replace it with the pocket square from another picture in the same series.

No, I do not enlarge my head or my feet.

ysc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ with photo shop skills like yours how can we know anything you post is real? How do we even know are not just posting nude and editing your clothes in?

More seriously though do you just use adobe photoshop? any tips, or guides you are aware of, you have madskillz - I have it but hardly ever use it and really don't feel like I am getting the most out of it

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Props foof, its some quality work.

I'm surprised to take soo many pictures, i might take 3-6 and pick 1-3 of them to post.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by youngscientist
^ with photo shop skills like yours how can we know anything you post is real? How do we even know are not just posting nude and editing your clothes in?

More seriously though do you just use adobe photoshop? any tips, or guides you are aware of, you have madskillz - I have it but hardly ever use it and really don't feel like I am getting the most out of it

I just use Adobe Photoshop. I taught myself how to use it in high school when I was editor for the school newspaper. Since then, I've used educational discounts to keep up with the newest versions of the software. Never had any formal training, unfortunately. The key is to learn how to use layers.

Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba
Props foof, its some quality work.

I'm surprised to take soo many pictures, i might take 3-6 and pick 1-3 of them to post.

Thanks. It annoys my wife to no end when we go on vacation. I take 20 shots of anything worth photographing--usually in very quick succession, to be fair. Otherwise, someone's always got their eyes closed or something turns out blurry. With 20 shots in store, you can pick the best and correct any errors.

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
I just use Adobe Photoshop. I taught myself how to use it in high school when I was editor for the school newspaper. Since then, I've used educational discounts to keep up with the newest versions of the software. Never had any formal training, unfortunately. The key is to learn how to use layers.

QFT.

I used Photoshop a decent bit in high school and early on in college. Layers will lead you far, very far, in PS use. When I learned how to use layers, PS became a MUCH more powerful tool.

Maybe you could have added some pick stitching along his lapel...jk.
laugh.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads