• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh....yeah, it IS a Tom Ford!
sarcasm.gif

I think the jacket actually looks a little more snug in the pics than it feels IRL. It's actually quite comfortable and doesn't restrict any movement at all. I can actually breathe in it too, haha. I think I have a bad habit of slouching most of the time, so I usually overcompensate in pictures and stand up way too straight. But, the robot pose is usually better for a good foofing.

mrjames

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse
Oh....yeah, it IS a Tom Ford!
sarcasm.gif
I think the jacket actually looks a little more snug in the pics than it feels IRL. It's actually quite comfortable and doesn't restrict any movement at all. I can actually breathe in it too, haha. I think I have a bad habit of slouching most of the time, so I usually overcompensate in pictures and stand up way too straight. But, the robot pose is usually better for a good foofing.

would you rather have a suit that you can wear all day and feel 'comfortable', or would you rather a suit that gets you through 3/4 of the day feeling compressed but sharp, and then gets taken off your back by a beautiful lady you met in a bar
wink.gif
it's probably not business appropriate, but then nothing cool ever is- that's the styleforum paradox... looks good, slim sleeves, high gorge, high arm holes- i'm loving it would like to see the bottom hem on the trousers though, looks like it could do with a slight taper just to avoid the slight flaring

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mrjames
would you rather have a suit that you can wear all day and feel 'comfortable', or would you rather a suit that gets you through 3/4 of the day feeling compressed but sharp, and then gets taken off your back by a beautiful lady you met in a bar
wink.gif

it's probably not business appropriate, but then nothing cool ever is- that's the styleforum paradox...

looks good, slim sleeves, high gorge, high arm holes- i'm loving it
would like to see the bottom hem on the trousers though, looks like it could do with a slight taper just to avoid the slight flaring

I'm used to wearing slim clothes, so when I say it's "comfortable," it's still actually very slim, it's just not skin-tight. And yeah, I can see that the legs are flaring a bit near the bottom, maybe because I wasn't wearing shoes when I took the picture. I actually just had my tailor hem them a tad, so they fit pretty well when I'm wearing shoes.

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking for a Colorfoof. I tried to give you a clear palette in order to suggest some different color shirts, socks, ps and chinos to go with the seersucker. At least 4 different combos if you please?
IMG_20110430_132414.jpg
Here's one with a tie, in case you want to play with more color.
IMG_20110430_131734.jpg

academe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is the best fitting suit I've ever had, so I want to see if there's any improvements I can still make. I know you can't see the bottom of the pants at my feet, but the rest is open for suggestions. Foof away.

IndochinoRemake1.jpg

The shoulder line could be cleaner; you can see some unevenness and "bumpiness" in the shoulders.

IMHO the way the skirt flairs on the coat makes your hips appear wider than your chest, at least in the photo posted. I wonder if the tailors among us to suggest how to reduce the skirt flair slightly, to better accentuate the "V" formed by your shoulders and chest.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Digmenow
Looking for a Colorfoof. I tried to give you a clear palette in order to suggest some different color shirts, socks, ps and chinos to go with the seersucker. At least 4 different combos if you please?
IMG_20110430_132414.jpg
Here's one with a tie, in case you want to play with more color.
IMG_20110430_131734.jpg

Dig, I'll take a swing at this if you dont mind. Swap the white oxford for a light blue oxford. Swap the neck tie for a neat patterned bowtie. Ditch the silk PS in favor of a white linen PS. Swap the pants for cream or white. The shoes, while the color works, are in need of an upgrade. Consider something leather soled in a similar format but by Alden or better. Swap the glasses for brown horn, put on a straw hat and I hope that belt is brown alligator with a sterling buckle.
devil.gif
Also if you plan to wear socks, which i wouldn't do with seersucker, than wear something other than plan white.

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba
Dig,

I'll take a swing at this if you dont mind. Swap the white oxford for a light blue oxford. Swap the neck tie for a neat patterned bowtie. Ditch the silk PS in favor of a white linen PS. Swap the pants for cream or white.

The shoes, while the color works, are in need of an upgrade. Consider something leather soled in a similar format but by Alden or better.

Swap the glasses for brown horn, put on a straw hat and I hope that belt is brown alligator with a sterling buckle.
devil.gif
Also if you plan to wear socks, which i wouldn't do with seersucker, than wear something other than plan white.

Thanks SG...appreciate the input. The color advice is what I was hoping for although it'd be nice to see it done by Foo. As for the footwear, they clean up better than they look but the fit is poor and I think that was their last wearing.

The glasses are just drug store readers. I've given up on removing them when taking these pics as too many shots come out poorly framed and unfocused. 10+ years after lasik eye surgery, Dig don't wear nuthin' but shades, except for close in work.

I study your pics in the pinned threads with envy and admiration. I'm obviously nowhere near that level but I'm pedaling as fast as I can!

mktitsworth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is the best fitting suit I've ever had, so I want to see if there's any improvements I can still make. I know you can't see the bottom of the pants at my feet, but the rest is open for suggestions. Foof away.

IndochinoRemake1.jpg

Assuming it is a Tom Ford (and I'm pretty convinced it is because), I tried on pretty much that exact same suit this past weekend. It did not fit me nearly as well as it does you. I got pics of the try on, but they don't look as good as yours. Bravo.

pvrhye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mktitsworth
Assuming it is a Tom Ford (and I'm pretty convinced it is because), I tried on pretty much that exact same suit this past weekend. It did not fit me nearly as well as it does you. I got pics of the try on, but they don't look as good as yours. Bravo.

Actually, I think his is Chinese mall stall MTM from a Tom Ford pattern. (If it's the one from that thread)

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pvrhye
Oh, I was thinking it was the suit from this thread -> http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=220972

Ha, yeah that last one does look pretty similar at first glance. Mine is actually an Indochino. They've gotten some bad reviews and made a ton of bad suits that people have shown here, but I worked through one bad first suit, and then got this as a remake. With some additional alterations from my tailor, it turned out pretty decent I think.

TTO

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You got that through Indochino! I'm impressed!

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yeah, I was going to say, it is definitely not Tom Ford, he has more belly in the lapels and the lapels are wider. Plus his suits have a strong roped shoulder.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Digmenow
Thanks SG...appreciate the input. The color advice is what I was hoping for although it'd be nice to see it done by Foo. As for the footwear, they clean up better than they look but the fit is poor and I think that was their last wearing.

The glasses are just drug store readers. I've given up on removing them when taking these pics as too many shots come out poorly framed and unfocused. 10+ years after lasik eye surgery, Dig don't wear nuthin' but shades, except for close in work.

I study your pics in the pinned threads with envy and admiration. I'm obviously nowhere near that level but I'm pedaling as fast as I can!

Thanks Dig,

Have fun with it! Remember fit and finish are just as important as color coordination, it takes a little time but you can always lean on the tried and true methods. For example nearly every sportcoat works with a blue oxford shirt and mid gray trousers. In this case since the sportcoat is a such a light color I would go with anything from stone to cream and white as suggested for trousers.

I find a neat pattern tie to work in nearly all situations, it's easy and works with everything from bold plaid to solid. I find stripe/stripe to be something that I completely avoid, though I work with people who do it all the time.

Hopefully this is helpful.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads