1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

german writers

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by mnemonic, Apr 15, 2005.

1. mnemonic

mnemonic Senior Member

im a big fan of german literature. does anyone else like the teutonic masters? my favourite is heinrich böll.

2. globetrotter

globetrotter Stylish Dinosaur

strange you should ask that - I am a big fan of german astetics, pre 1933 or so. I love herman hesse and thomas mann, and german expressionism, as well as a lot of small artifacts of the period.

I am not familiar with boll, have to luck him up.

3. Thracozaag

Thracozaag Distinguished Member

Thomas Mann is wonderful; Hesse I loved as a high-schooler, but now I just find pretentious. Rilke and Remarque are VERY high on my list as well.

koji

4. Fabienne

Fabienne Distinguished Member

I'm re-reading "Das Brot der Fruehen Jahre". Before that, I was reading "Das blaue Kleid", by Dorris Doerrie. I don't know the titles in English.