• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

German Kiton sellers

MilanoStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are these German sellers selling real Kiton and Borrelli suit? These guys pushed Armani and Zegna Tesstuso suits heavly last year. Now it seems like they are pushing high end stuffs like Kiton. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws....52&rd=1

jmswentworth

Reaction score
Well, its a horrid fabirc at any rate.

fkl118

Reaction score
That's the same picture used in that Chinese ebay auction we discussed a couple of days ago.
wow.gif
Where was that thread... http://66.170.193.77/cgi-bin....;t=9904 or the auction itself: Kiton Somebody got royally ripped-off.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

johnnynorman3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I actually reported this idiot to Ebay -- he also had a Louis Vuitton leather jacket auction that went for $1K. (same m.o. -- stole the picture from another auction) -- and I also contacted the winning bidders immediately imploring them to seek more information from the seller prior to paying.

I had also contacted the seller myself regarding my suspicions and he gave me a lame excuse about his wife being in Florida and his digital camera being broken (which is why he said he copied someone else's auction).

Based upon my communication with the "winners," they will not be paying until they receive confirmation that this isn't a scam.

seanandnik

Reaction score
i am not sure, but I think this is the same seller who has over a dozen Kiton shirts listed as well. Look out, that's all.

scot

Reaction score
I can also attest to that particular seller. I have a pair of Canali suits I purchased from them about 6 months ago. Communication was fine and they came right on schedule. If you guys want I can take pictures of what I received.

Scot

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
that fabric gives me a headache.

Bags

Reaction score
Scot and Stu,

What were your experiences with import duty when buying suits off of the German ebay sellers? I have considered buying from "krawattenprofi" a couple of times but have never pulled the trigger. The seller does not make any mention of duties in their auction, but in reading feedback from other buyers, it appears that some have been charged import duties of up to 30%.

What have your experiences been with duty from the German sellers?

Stu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Scot and Stu,

What were your experiences with import duty when buying suits off of the German ebay sellers?  I have considered buying from "krawattenprofi" a couple of times but have never pulled the trigger.  The seller does not make any mention of duties in their auction, but in reading feedback from other buyers, it appears that some have been charged import duties of up to 30%.  

What have your experiences been with duty from the German sellers?
I wasn't charged a dime. Then again, I live in Puerto Rico, which, while legally a territory of the U.S., often operates in a gray area itself with regards to duties and such. I know that when I was living in the U.S. last year, I never paid duties on stuff from England and Malaysia (shoes from Plal), or my Chan suit from Hong Kong.

von Rothbart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It depends on sellers. Some declare the true value, some declare $20 as gifts or garment returned for repair or alternation. It also depends on luck. I've heard packages send thru post are much less likely to get hit by customs than those send thru private carriers such as UPS or FedEx. I have received shipments from Canada, UK, Switzerland, Germany and Italy, all without duty.

Ask the sellers if they can declare the package as gift at minimal value.

MilanoStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Kiton and Borrelli suits that this seller is selling look little out of porportion. I don't know if this is just a picture problem, but the shape of the suits do not resemble look of Kiton suits that I am used to.

With import duties, it is random. If you get lucky, your item will pass the custom without getting checked. If not, be prepared to pay.

scot

Reaction score
Just like everyone else has said, it is a random chance duty or not. If you check out the reviews there are one or two where someone was ticked off about duties.

IMO that is NOT a knock on the seller because the buyer is the only one responsible for duties.

Scot

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads