1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

German Kiton sellers

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by MilanoStyle, Apr 3, 2005.

1. MilanoStyle

MilanoStyle Senior member

Are these German sellers selling real Kiton and Borrelli suit? These guys pushed Armani and Zegna Tesstuso suits heavly last year. Now it seems like they are pushing high end stuffs like Kiton. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws....52&rd=1

2. jmswentworth

jmswentworth Senior member

A nomad in a suit: London, Frankfurt, Milan, Paris
    Well, its a horrid fabirc at any rate.

3. fkl118

fkl118 Senior member

That's the same picture used in that Chinese ebay auction we discussed a couple of days ago. [​IMG] Where was that thread... http://66.170.193.77/cgi-bin....;t=9904 or the auction itself: Kiton Somebody got royally ripped-off.

4. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

LOL . . . the "winning" bidder sniped the auction. Â Oops.

5. johnnynorman3

johnnynorman3 Senior member

I actually reported this idiot to Ebay -- he also had a Louis Vuitton leather jacket auction that went for $1K. (same m.o. -- stole the picture from another auction) -- and I also contacted the winning bidders immediately imploring them to seek more information from the seller prior to paying.

I had also contacted the seller myself regarding my suspicions and he gave me a lame excuse about his wife being in Florida and his digital camera being broken (which is why he said he copied someone else's auction).

Based upon my communication with the "winners," they will not be paying until they receive confirmation that this isn't a scam.

6. seanandnik

seanandnik Senior member

i am not sure, but I think this is the same seller who has over a dozen Kiton shirts listed as well. Look out, that's all.

7. Stu

Stu Senior member

The German seller is legit, in my experience. I bought an Armani suit off him a few years ago, and it's just fine.

8. scot

scot Senior member

I can also attest to that particular seller. I have a pair of Canali suits I purchased from them about 6 months ago. Communication was fine and they came right on schedule. If you guys want I can take pictures of what I received.

Scot

9. whnay.

whnay. Senior member Dubiously Honored

that fabric gives me a headache.

10. Bags

Bags Active Member

Scot and Stu,

What were your experiences with import duty when buying suits off of the German ebay sellers? I have considered buying from "krawattenprofi" a couple of times but have never pulled the trigger. The seller does not make any mention of duties in their auction, but in reading feedback from other buyers, it appears that some have been charged import duties of up to 30%.

What have your experiences been with duty from the German sellers?

11. Stu

Stu Senior member

I wasn't charged a dime. Then again, I live in Puerto Rico, which, while legally a territory of the U.S., often operates in a gray area itself with regards to duties and such. I know that when I was living in the U.S. last year, I never paid duties on stuff from England and Malaysia (shoes from Plal), or my Chan suit from Hong Kong.

12. von Rothbart

von Rothbart Senior member

It depends on sellers. Some declare the true value, some declare $20 as gifts or garment returned for repair or alternation. It also depends on luck. I've heard packages send thru post are much less likely to get hit by customs than those send thru private carriers such as UPS or FedEx. I have received shipments from Canada, UK, Switzerland, Germany and Italy, all without duty.

Ask the sellers if they can declare the package as gift at minimal value.

13. MilanoStyle

MilanoStyle Senior member

The Kiton and Borrelli suits that this seller is selling look little out of porportion. I don't know if this is just a picture problem, but the shape of the suits do not resemble look of Kiton suits that I am used to.

With import duties, it is random. If you get lucky, your item will pass the custom without getting checked. If not, be prepared to pay.

14. scot

scot Senior member

Just like everyone else has said, it is a random chance duty or not. If you check out the reviews there are one or two where someone was ticked off about duties.

IMO that is NOT a knock on the seller because the buyer is the only one responsible for duties.

Scot