1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

German Army Trainers Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Lupo, Feb 27, 2011.

Tags:
  1. msredelvis

msredelvis New Member

Had some weird story with Microscop. He asked to transfer money for GAT as a gift via Paypal, then said then i can pay for normally. But right after that he stopped answering my messages in PM.

2. Microscop

Microscop Well-Known Member

Hi, sorry i must have delated you from inbox accidently along with some dead conversations.
    You can pay normally now, no problem.

Regards

3. eluther

eluther Senior member

Just got my GATs from Microscop – 0 issues. Prompt shipping. Shoes fit great based on the sizing diagram posted elsewhere in the thread.

v stoked

4. Microscop

I am glad. Shipping was pretty fast even despite easter nad may holidayes, i am positively suprised.

5. benjamin b

benjamin b Member

I have a pair of GATs available. I tried them on a couple of times and wore them out of the house once for a few hours, but they look brand new. They were purchased from Zeemon and I still have their original box (though he used it to ship them to me, so it has tape and stamps from germany all over it)

Size is 290.

I have pictures and will put them up in the selling section.

6. MarkMarkMark

MarkMarkMark New Member

Where can I find GATs in Berlin? I've got a cousin visiting and she's willing to get me a pair.

7. benjamin b

benjamin b Member

I received my shoes from Microscop today. I ordered on the 24th of April. Shipped from Warsaw Poland. I ordered a pair of 285s, paid 60 Euro as a gift (it would have been 65 Euro if it was a payment due to tax, he said).
    So, 3 weeks shipping. That's some slow shipping, but ok... it's international.

They were said to be unworn/unused. They are obviously worn. The laces are stained, the leather is creased, the suede is roughed up and discoloured.
    I was promised a pair that did not have perforations from decommissioning. The left shoe has perforations.
    These things alone would not be a problem. They're going to get worn, and I'm not trying to keep them perfect, I want that worn look... so no biggie. I would prefer no perforations... but hey I'm able to deal with that.

They DO NOT HAVE INSOLES. Just bare leather with staples inside. I can't even really try them on properly because they are missing a vital portion of the shoe.

Previously I had purchased a pair from Zeemon just before he stopped shipping. He said he had one pair left: a pair of 290s. I thought they would possibly be too big, but I took a chance and hoped. They were too big. I wore them a couple of times and quickly determined that they were uncomfortable because of how they creased on my big toe, rubbing a raw spot. I subsequently chose to purchase a pair of 285s from Microscop.

Here are comparison photos.

The shoes on the right are the 290s from Zeemon, the shoes on the left are from Microscop.

[​IMG]

You can see that the shoes on the left have no insoles.

[​IMG]

Staining of the laces:

[​IMG]

Rough suede with stains and chunks of ... stuff. (Both of these are from the 285s from Microscop)

[​IMG]

Side by side comparison of the suede and leather.

[​IMG]

The type of insole that should have come

[​IMG]

An insole that is specifically sized to the shoe.

[​IMG]

differences in rubber

[​IMG]

Perforations on the far left shoe. Leather that is obviously used and worn.

[​IMG]

8. mikal

mikal Member

Did you contact Microscop ? What did he said?

I have ordered a pair from him on 6-May (not received them yet) . I hope they are new!!!.....

Last edited: May 20, 2014
  9. mikal

mikal Member

I received my pair of GATs from Microscop.
    The (relatively) late delivery was due to my local post office problem - no delay from Microscop.

The shoes are fine. They are new/unworn but they seem a bit old due to their old production date (it's like you buy a pair of shoes and leave it in the closet for some decades with no wear!!!...).

Too bad I need a size larger :-( ... (275 instead of 270)....
    If someone wants to exchange a 275 with a 270 he can contact me. I will sell or exchange my pair.

I would like to thank Microscop for a pleasant transaction and great communication.

Mike

10. benjamin b

benjamin b Member

I did. He said he'd ship me a new pair of insoles. I'm waiting for those.

I also agree with you on the wear. These look like they were stored in a manner that caused wear to the uppers, but not the soles. They're not "worn", but they aren't the same quality as the box-new ones I got previously. These also seem to be slimmer, have thinner soles (something I like) and fit smaller.

I was able to cut some insoles to fit temporarily and they're fairly comfortable.

11. Microscop

Hi, i've mailed the insoles with express airmail early this week. You should get them soon.

12. edamame

edamame Well-Known Member

I'm interested in your 270's! PM me some pics please. Thanks!

13. benjamin b

benjamin b Member

Excellent. I will report back when they come. Thank you.

14. l3ll2

l3ll2 New Member

Just received my pair from Microscop. The shoes are in good condition overall but I have noticed what others have said about the wear on the uppers. I would have been fine with this but unfortunately I ordered the wrong size too. I have a sz 260 and am willing to sell my pair or exchange for a 255.

15. mikal

mikal Member

Answered via PM .

Sorry for the delay but I got no time for taking pictures/uploading etc the previous days. Got some pics before a while .

Thanx
    Mike

16. unk626

unk626 New Member

Hi, I'm looking for a pair of new GATs in US 10, UK 9.5, or 280?

Anyone selling?

17. Microscop

18. mikal

mikal Member

Hello,

In case someone wants a 270 pair , I am selling mine (new/unworn)

Thank you
    Mike

19. beardedfella

beardedfella Member

Does anyone have any US size 13 GATs? I'm interested in everything from basic German military issues to MMMs.

Thanks!

20. Microscop