1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

German Army Trainers Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Lupo, Feb 27, 2011.

Tags:
  1. xCrunchx

xCrunchx Senior member

2. linkinwayne

linkinwayne Senior member

how much?

$80? $90? Can't really remember. Should be around there.

3. wttm

wttm Senior member

B Sports by Agnes B is making some GATs that are leather lined. I can do a proxy if anyone is interested.

4. linkinwayne

B Sports by Agnes B is making some GATs that are leather lined. I can do a proxy if anyone is interested.

Price, styles (colours etc), pictures?

5. TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES Senior member

Size 8.5 in Clarks, 9.0 in Stan Smith's... 9.0 in chucks.... 9.0 in NEW BALANCE 574.

Suggestions?

6. WhoKnewI

WhoKnewI Senior member

I had a pair of really old GATs, probably from the 70s. really slim, but the sole dried out.

7. TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

IS it worth paying the extra cash for MMM GATS?

8. WhoKnewI

WhoKnewI Senior member

I guess "worth it" is relative, but I was perfectly fine with my Adidas GATs and so no reason to shell out for Margiela ones. There is no doubt tho that the margiela GATs are very nice.

9. TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

I guess "worth it" is relative, but I was perfectly fine with my Adidas GATs and so no reason to shell out for Margiela ones. There is no doubt tho that the margiela GATs are very nice.

Hey--

I rather use such money for a new pair of trickers/alden, so I guess I'll pass on MMM. Do they still make the those Adidas GATs, they don't look to shabby. I was also looking at the all white samba, as they kind of resemble GATS. Finally what's the deal with the GATS found on the German EBAY? Who produces them? Will they hold up?

Cheers

10. WhoKnewI

WhoKnewI Senior member

Hey--

I rather use such money for a new pair of trickers/alden, so I guess I'll pass on MMM. Do they still make the those Adidas GATs, they don't look to shabby. I was also looking at the all white samba, as they kind of resemble GATS. Finally what's the deal with the GATS found on the German EBAY? Who produces them? Will they hold up?

Cheers

They might be available, but to be honest I haven't checked in a while. I am selling both the low top version and the hi top version in size 9.5 if you're interested.

The GATS I had were older and very sleek, but the newer ones seem to have a very bulbous toebox that ruins the sneaker IMO. I am not sure who produces them (probably a factory in germany).

11. Kagemusha

Kagemusha Senior member

TFK- if you can get MMMs on sale, I feel they're fully worth the price. They'll last way longer and they feel way better (originals are sort of thin and flimsy.

12. TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

Thanks...

Kagemusha what constitutes a steal for MMM GATS?

13. Kagemusha

Kagemusha Senior member

A steal? $200-$225 shipped

A good deal? $300 shipped

They retail at $420 for regular, $440 for mesh and $465 for painted, so you get the idea.

Some peeps may say, oh just wait for them to get marked down, blah blah....but if you're a common size (41-43) they usually sell out at a lot of places in the normal white colorways at full retail.

14. Dr Huh?

Dr Huh? Senior member

Hey--

Cheers

Check these out: http://www.deadstock.ca/catalog/inde...ategoryid=4689

15. Kagemusha

Kagemusha Senior member

16. vaalbara

vaalbara Senior member

17. Nereis

Nereis Senior member

What material are the originals offered in? Sorry for the noobish question.

18. WhoKnewI

WhoKnewI Senior member

those are awful, and definitely not worth $110.

+1. they really missed the mark with the new iterations. the older ones looked much nicer.

19. linkinwayne

+1. they really missed the mark with the new iterations. the older ones looked much nicer.

Word, the ones you're selling look a lot better

20. Elysium

Elysium Senior member

I bought the GATs proxied by Zeemon on the first page of this thread, they've been holding up well so far and definitely worth the price imo