• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

George Clooney Kiton Suit for sale on Ebay!

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I saw this on Ebay. It's a very nice Kiton(which it certainly should be) that was worn by George Clooney in a scene for the movie "Intolerable Cruelty"(not one of his well known movies)! Start bid of $2500!

My question is. Does the fact that Clooney wore this suit add any value in your opinion? Personally, I would rather have a NWT Kiton, that is unaltered. As a matter of fact, I think the price is too high for an altered Kiton. What do you think?

Here it is:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Brown-Super-150s...QQcmdZViewItem

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rnoldh
My question is. Does the fact that Clooney wore this suit add any value in your opinion?

No.

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My question is. Does the fact that Clooney wore this suit add any value in your opinion?

I don't collect clothing but to a collector provenance is everything. Witness Kiton's purchase, for a fortune at auction, of the DOW's clothing. The person who buys Clooney's suit probably won't ever wear it.

Joel_Cairo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
and, short of testing any DNA residue left behind, how is it even really verifiable that Clooney wore it in the first place. If this sells at that price, I have a cigar of Bill Clinton's for sale. I just gotta doctor up an official White House letterhead here real quick...

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Joel_Cairo
and, short of testing any DNA residue left behind, how is it even really verifiable that Clooney wore it in the first place.

If this sells at that price, I have a cigar of Bill Clinton's for sale. I just gotta doctor up an official White House letterhead here real quick...

Premier Props, I believe, is a well-established firm, and could verify the authenticity. I suppose there'd still be a tiny question that it wasn't the one actually seen on film -- a spare, or something -- but seems like that could be true of any collectible textile of this nature.

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Joel_Cairo
and, short of testing any DNA residue left behind, how is it even really verifiable that Clooney wore it in the first place.

If this sells at that price, I have a cigar of Bill Clinton's for sale. I just gotta doctor up an official White House letterhead here real quick...

If you read the listing you'll see that the seller has a a genuine looking COA and some other documentation supporting the George Clooney provenance. I still think the Kiton is way overpriced!

Now as to that Bill Clinton cigar you have. Does it have Bill's DNA, Monica's DNA or both on it. Now, that would really be a collector's item!
laugh.gif

GMF

Reaction score
I may have to rent this movie just to see if Clooney's character is someone who would realistically wear a $6000 suit.
tongue.gif

Joel_Cairo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you read the listing you'll see that the seller has a a genuine looking COA and some other documentation supporting the George Clooney provenance. I still think the Kiton is way overpriced! Now as to that Bill Clinton cigar you have. Does it have Bill's DNA, Monica's DNA or both on it. Now, that would really be a collector's item!
laugh.gif

thats the operative word, IMO edit: in the interest of full disclosure, I am a hardcore ebay skeptic. When you spend lots of time and money collecting rare and discontinued men's fragrances, it hardens your soul. Spending $200 on a bottle of water has made me very cynical.

topbroker

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GMF
I may have to rent this movie just to see if Clooney's character is someone who would realistically wear a $6000 suit.
tongue.gif

Yup. He is. The character's vanity is a major theme -- the movie opens with him having his teeth ultra-platinum whitened.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Why does the screen capture of Clooney depict a low gorge while the photo of the suit alone depicts a high gorge? Do you think posture can make such a great difference?

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
It just another overpriced ebay used suit.
brokenrecord.jpg

Anyways, this auction is mildly interesting just because I've always figured those were Kiton suits Clooney was wearing in the movie. BTW, I enjoyed the movie. I'm obviously no movie connoisseur, but I thought it was worth watching.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
It is by far the worst Coen brothers film. I'm really not sure what happened here; it lacks all the trademarks of their previous work. It's as if they were reaching for the old, over-the-top, slapstick comedy of Raising Arizona and failed miserably. Good thing The Ladykillers has put them back on the right track.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kent Wang
Why does the screen capture of Clooney depict a low gorge while the photo of the suit alone depicts a high gorge? Do you think posture can make such a great difference?

I haven't seen the movie. But it looks like he's leaning pretty far forward in that photo of him.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads