• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

George cleverley shoes

donlipa

Reaction score
I am interested in getting a pair of Cleverley's made but am not planning on going to the UK any time soon. I've heard they do visits to the US. Does anyone know if this is true, and if so when they will be in NYC next? I've emailed them with no luck and don't really want to call (I only have a cell phone, no land line).

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yes, I believe they have fitting sessions in the USA (as most bespoke tailors and shoemakers do).

How much time have you given them to reply? Monday was a bank holiday here in the UK and don't forget it is between 5 and 8 hours later in merry old England.

They definitely should reply, if only to say that the next trip has not been finalised and they will get in touch once they know more.

(Maybe that's England, some people have complained on this forum that Hilditch & Key does not reply to e-mails.)

vero_group

Reaction score
Hey, my wife and I have some trial attorneys we work with here in the U.S. who only check their email once a month. And, their secretaries still use WordPerfect. It's very frustrating getting things done with them. It's all fax and phone. It feels like 1993 all over again.

jcusey

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I am interested in getting a pair of Cleverley's made but am not planning on going to the UK any time soon.  I've heard they do visits to the US.  Does anyone know if this is true, and if so when they will be in NYC next?  I've emailed them with no luck and don't really want to call (I only have a cell phone, no land line).
I've e-mailed GJ Cleverley three or four times, and I've always found Mr. Glasgow (as in George Glasgow and John Carnera, who received the right to use Cleverley's name and lasts from the man himself) or whomever responds to e-mails using Mr. Glasgow's name to be very polite and very informative. It took a few days in one or two instances -- I get the idea that Mr. Glasgow only checks e-mail a couple of times a week.

In any event, a GJ Cleverley representative will be in New York at the Inter-Continental Hotel on October 4, 6, 7, and 8. Chicago, San Francisco, Beverly Hills, Washington, and Boston are also on the itinerary. Keep in mind that if you are a first-time customer, you'll need to go to a fitting when a Cleverley representative returns to the US in the spring before you get the finished shoes.

Assuming that you don't want exotic skins, the shoes should run around 1350 UKP.

naturlaut

Reaction score
As Mr. Jcusey mentioned, Mr. Davis will be coming to New York in October at Inter-continental. They will be bringing some models of ready-made, starting at 300-pounds. Fully bespoke requires at least one fitting, either in London or when they travel next, and will come out to be around 1500-pound. All subsequent orders will be at the same price. From my past experiences, it is best to make an appointment in advance so there will be an allocated time for you. The meeting takes about an hour.

donlipa

Reaction score
Thanks for all the good info. I look forward to getting a pair of shoes that don't hurt my feet. I must have funny shaped feet or something because it always takes a couple months for me to break in a pair of shoes (currently wearing a pair of Lobbs that are really hurting my pinky toe).

kalra2411

Reaction score
As a Brit I know that as a nation we do not take e-mails very seriously at all.

Thracozaag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the link, those Greens look amazing, very similar toe shape as the bespoke Cleverleys.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads