1. Hi. We moved systems, and because it was impossible to achieve feature parity between the systems, we opted to archive the old B&S threads but allow users to read them so that they can put them into our new B&S system.

There is a support thread if you have any issues.

Cheers,

Fok.

George Cleverley Benchgrade Bradley Penny Loafer (Burgundy Antique Calf) 9.5UK

Discussion in '2011-2017 Classic Menswear' started by dandy1, Jul 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dandy1

dandy1 Senior member

Selling a pair of George Cleverley Benchgrade 'Bradley' penny loafers (9.5 UK). £250

Colour is Burgundy Antique Calf (its a very rich burgundy colour).

I am including within the above price the George Cleverley shoe trees which I bought on top of the shoes. I also have dust bags which came with them and the box (if you want it).

These are made by Crockett and Jones for GJ Cleverley to their 'handgrade' specifications which means they use a high quality Freudenberg calf skin leather for the upper, they are hand polished to produce that rich antique burgundy colour and have oak bark tanned leather soles (which are softer and stronger than normal leather soles). They are a lovely penny loafer and IMO far more attractive than C&J's equivalent loafers (the Harvard or Sydney) as they have a strap which curves round the shoe and have a low vamp which adds an old school charm.

I have worn them 3 or 4 times to the local shops so they are essentially brand new shoes apart from some superficial scuffing to the leather sole. I'm selling these off as I work in a very casual environment now and have no need for multiple pairs of dress shoes in my shoe collection.

I'm based in London, but am prepared to ship them overseas providing the buyer covers any related shipping charges.

Just for reference here are links to the same shoes.

http://www.gjcleverley.co.uk/our-shoes/bench-made

http://www.mrporter.com/mens/George_Cleverley/bradley-burnished-leather-penny-loafers/484916

Mr Porter is currently selling them for £450 (without shoe trees) so this is a great deal for a very high quality pair of attractive penny loafers which have only been superficially worn.

Thanks & look forward to hearing from you.

Attached Files:

• gj3.jpg
      gj3.jpg
      File size:
      399.6 KB
      Views:
    • gj4.jpg
      gj4.jpg
      File size:
      394.6 KB
      Views:
    • gj5.jpg
      gj5.jpg
      File size:
      210.8 KB
      Views:
    • gj7.jpg
      gj7.jpg
      File size:
      153.7 KB
      Views:
    • GJC 1.jpg
      GJC 1.jpg
      File size:
      461 KB
      Views:
    • GJC2.jpg
      GJC2.jpg
      File size:
      455.5 KB
      Views:
  2. dandy1

dandy1 Senior member

thanks!

they are archetypal English take on the penny loafer .. nice shoes for anyone who wears a 9.5 UK.

3. dandy1

dandy1 Senior member

reduced to £225.

4. dandy1

dandy1 Senior member

£225 ... with cleverley trees.

these are essentially brand new shoes with superficial sole scuffing. someone please take them off my hands otherwise I will be forced to donate them to one of my F&Fs!

Last edited: Sep 19, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.