• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

George Cleverley Anthony Cleverley Models

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
just curious after everything I read why would people want to order from GC? seems like ordering from the antichrist of makers :)

haha, their RTW is fine since it’s EG/AS/CJ

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Also the reason why I don’t think AC are handwelt as none of the English RTW does HW, a long time a go someone speculate that they had upper done at those factories and does the handwelt at the shop but pretty sure that wasn’t the case

sforum1

Reaction score
One thing I did not like about my most recent pair was the pitched heel which was overdone. If not done correctly in the perfect amount it becomes a big minus.

A lot of the new shoemakers attempt to do that and most of their shoes end up looking ridiculous.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Also the reason why I don’t think AC are handwelt as none of the English RTW does HW, a long time a go someone speculate that they had upper done at those factories and does the handwelt at the shop but pretty sure that wasn’t the case

Honestly, who knows what's inside, given the track record of the company? If you open a pair, maybe you'll find a golden ticket to Willy Wonka's chocolate factory.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Considering they allegedly tried to pass off GYW as HW in their bespoke shoes, there's no way they would do HW in the RtW line.

sforum1

Reaction score
Honestly, I started to lose respect for and trust in this company a while ago and that was purely from my own experience with them. It seems to be the case that quality and craftsmanship are not what's driving this company anymore. Sales and profits are and whatever reputation they built over the years they are cashing in on that big. Not sure for how long this can last but I can say that not in a million years at this point would I give them my money for a bespoke pair. Not to these guys.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Honestly, I started to lose respect for and trust in this company a while ago and that was purely from my own experience with them. It seems to be the case that quality and craftsmanship are not what's driving this company anymore. Sales and profits are and whatever reputation they built over the years they are cashing in on that big. Not sure for how long this can last but I can say that not in a million years at this point would I give them my money for a bespoke pair. Not these guys.
You're forgetting having Jason Statham and Sylvester Stallone as clients.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Honestly, I started to lose respect for and trust in this company a while ago and that was purely from my own experience with them. It seems to be the case that quality and craftsmanship are not what's driving this company anymore. Sales and profits are and whatever reputation they built over the years they are cashing in on that big. Not sure for how long this can last but I can say that not in a million years at this point would I give them my money for a bespoke pair. Not to these guys.

Do you have beautiful friends and a beautiful wife?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads