• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Genuine Moncler Jacket?

stukgy

Reaction score
Hi, I have some doubts about a 2nd hand moncler jacket i have bought from ebay (although it hasn't been posted yet).

Below are the pictures of the item. My first concern is the picture posted by the seller of the cartoon on the inside of the jacket, it seems to be brighter than the "Authentic" jackets. Is it possible this is the lighting or montcler did make some which were less faded than the majority made?
Next the material seems to be more shiny than others i have seem posted online- for instance a genuine is in the bottom picture

Although the buttons seem to be genuine as they have the Fiocchi print (from what I can make out).

Seeking some 3rd part opinions..
From the outside:

On the inside (shiny material and cartoon, possibly too bright?)

Buttons seem like could be legit

And an example of a genuine with the inner lining and cartoon:

richro65

Reaction score
Late response but just saw this. Definitely a fake. The Moncler cartoon is never that bright, except on fakes. Fiocchi snaps mean nothing these days because fakes have them too and Moncler hasn't used them since about 2010. Your definite proof is that little tag next to the down certification tag. It has a code on the back side that can be checked at code.moncler.com. The code needs to associate with the model of jacket. If it comes back saying to contact customer service that means it is not a legitimate code.

hws

Reaction score
To me the Moncler look is for arrivistes/nouveaux riches Russians and Italians! I think the company spend much money for the boutique, no much money for product, is a faux héritage brand!

medomusi

Reaction score
it comes back saying to contact customer service that means it is not a legitimate code.

richro65

Reaction score
best-eshopping is definitely a seller of fakes. Some of the photos are legitimate pictures taken from Moncler's site or other authorized retailers but the product you get will certainly be a knock off. Many of the women's jackets listed on there are styles Moncler has never even made.

johnelliottfan

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Yeah I agree. Thanks for the response man. I've been looking for an authentic maya in red but it's impossible to find one.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads