• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CROCKETT & JONES) - OFFICIAL AFFILIATE THREAD

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm just a glutton for punishment:

1555527_280952872053689_1817513386_n.jpg

Carmina, Llubi last grain leather on model 80277. If it were dark brown grain leather with a danite sole and storm welt, I suspect it would look something like the Crockett and Jones Islay:

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Carmina, Llubi last grain leather on model 80277. If it were dark brown grain leather with a danite sole and storm welt, I suspect it would look something like the Crockett and Jones Islay:
The brogue derby boot in grain leather is relevant to my interests. Steve, Can you tell us what color of the grain leather Carmina offers? If you can upload pictures from the swatch book that would be a big plus.

steveyoo1983

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I think Carmina 80277 Wingtip model in Rain Last will look real nice.
Our good friends over at Unipair has them in Horween Chormexcel & I believe friends over at Skoatie just recent did the same model in cognac shell?

Maybe I should do it on a dark brown grain like the CJ version & maybe a navy shell for F/W

I'm still in on the double leather / storm welt option for the Loden PTB - assuming we still maintain the minimum number of participants for the group MTO. The shoe as pictured looks terrific, IMO.

Very nice! Thank you :) I think 5 others are still good with double leather storm welt! (just awaiting for 3 more response!)

steveyoo1983

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The brogue derby boot in grain leather is relevant to my interests.

Steve,

Can you tell us what color of the grain leather Carmina offers? If you can upload pictures from the swatch book that would be a big plus.

Unfortunately they do not have a leather swatch they provide to us, I did get a chance to look at their leather swatch while visiting their booth & their retail store. However, the problem is that they do not always buy (or offer) what's in the swatch either.

Betty did tell me that they dark brown grain, cognac grain (picture below), black grain is always in stock

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I believe this picture from the Carmina website is the dark brown grain leather:

carmina_h_h_soller_80179_img_n.png

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Steve: I have no idea about the Llubi last or how it fits, but I like the picture. Any experience with how it fits? Also, any recommendations for a similar round toe last that people are more familiar with? Soller? Oscar? Forest?

Last edited:

steveyoo1983

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Steve: I have no idea about the Llubi last or how it fits, but I like the picture. Any experience with how it fits? Also, any recommendations for a similar round toe last that people are more familiar with? Soller? Oscar? Forest?
Llubi is their newer last and is more of a budapester style last. I was hoping to see one in person @ Pitti but did not have a chance to unfortunately.
From what I've heard they are wider and have higher, more 'lifted' toe box. They seem quite similar to wider Forest or Soller combined.

MSchapiro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Llubi is their newer last and is more of a budapester style last. I was hoping to see one in person @ Pitti but did not have a chance to unfortunately.
From what I've heard they are wider and have higher, more 'lifted' toe box. They seem quite similar to wider Forest or Soller combined.

They are generally making slightly cheaper models and dainite only with it in their RTW collection if I understood the shopkeeper in Barcelona. If that was in fact the last he showed me, it looked really nice in person.

member2000r

Reaction score
Okay, will leave office soon.

Today is the last day in the Chinese lunar calender, I wish all of you will be even better in the Horse year.

Regards!

steveyoo1983

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Okay, will leave office soon.

Today is the last day in the Chinese lunar calender, I wish all of you will be even better in the Horse year.

Regards!

Those Alden V Tip Split toes are amazing!! I hear those are the single most popular alden model (right above 990 & tanker) in Japan.

Happy new years to you! Cheers!

steveyoo1983

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Just a quick heads up! These two MTO models below are now good to go with production and we will close the MTO on Sunday afternoon!

#1. Rain Last - Model 732 - single leather sole

#2. Forest Last - Model 955 - JR Double Leather Sole with Storm Welt

Happy New Years to you gents over in Asia!
And best wishes to you gents over in the east coast fighting off the snow storm :) Wishing for an amazing Spring soon!

member2000r

Reaction score
Those Alden V Tip Split toes are amazing!! I hear those are the single most popular alden model (right above 990 & tanker) in Japan.

Happy new years to you! Cheers!

Thx Steve.

Yes they are amazing, definitely get this style for this summer, no matter from Alden or other brand.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics