GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) - OFFICIAL AFFILIATE THREAD

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by steveyoo1983, Jun 2, 2013.

Tags:
  1. SoGent

SoGent Senior member

How does the width fit compare with simpson for example ?

2. steveyoo1983

steveyoo1983 Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Simpson and Uetam width are almost identical. They are both slimmer E fit and only the toe shape is different. (Uetam is less chiseled and more muted round toe than simpson)

3. SoGent

SoGent Senior member

so essentially the same sizing then ! ?

4. steveyoo1983

Exactly! :)

5. SoGent

SoGent Senior member

add me to the cue for the loafer then please

Last edited: Jan 13, 2014

6. steveyoo1983

Hi Justin!
    We've only gotten 2 interest on the Loden Suede PTB unfortuantely :(
    They are gorgeous make up and I really hoped it came to fruition.

I think the other member who was initially interested might do a single MTO btw

7. justinkapur

justinkapur Senior member

The member that wants to a single doesnt want to participate in a group MTO?

8. steveyoo1983

Oh he is of course! That's why I mentioned earlier two interested (you and that other member) for the Plain Toe Derby in Loden Suede (Forest Last)
    Haven't received any more inquiries after that but will definitely update you if things change!

9. rc121

rc121 Senior member

I'm really interested in the 2 eyelet Derby but not yet ready to venture into the shell cordovan club. would anyone be interested in doing that model in a different leather? I originally thought navy calf might be nice, but I think hatchgrain would be pretty awesome. I'd be open to other options as well.

10. pinkpanther

pinkpanther Senior member

I am interested in this shoe but I don't have any experience with the Forest last so I'm a bit hesitant to experiment with it in an MTO...

11. konda

konda Senior member

I have to say that I bought my first RTW Carminas a couple of months ago after fretting the lack of MTO orders in Europe for some time (I find Sko's MTO pricing too hefty for me). In the past 1.5 months I've placed two MTO orders with GFW. There are constantly fabulous options in play and if one misses an MTO, another very cool one is right around the corner!

I'd love to see more slimmer lasts, then again I guess the majority of Americans just have wide fat feet :D

Last edited: Jan 14, 2014

12. justinkapur

I too was hesitant with shell and I purchased my first pair about a year ago and now I have 6 pairs of cordovan from a few different manufacturers. I would say that when given the option between shell and calf it comes down to comfort and durability. When I'm moving a lot and I know chances of shoes getting scuffed I opt for shell because they are virtually indestructible. They are extremely comfortable but do take time to break in. I am not a huge fan of a derby in cordovan (due to the fact I've only seen Alden) but the one Steve owns is magnificent. The color and last chosen is amazing. Don't be hesitant my dude. You will be happy with them.

As for MTO it is true. If you miss one there's an even cooler one around the corner. I'm currently waiting for 3 MTOs and I'm looking at more options. Definitely have to have patience as it takes time but I have enough shoes that I can wait months.

13. justinkapur

Who you calling fat feet? :hides: I love the forest last lol

I can't wait for the rain MTO shell boots. I love my uetem loafers so much. I want a lighter brown or cognac colored shell boot but my immediate desire is a PTB in Loden suede. Who wants in on it!!!!!!

14. rc121

rc121 Senior member

while I have no doubts that I would be happy with a carmina cordovan shoe, there are alternatives at that price point that I much prefer. I would rather go in for another pair of Vass if we are talking $7-800 where I can personalize everything on the shoe, including more than one width option.

as for new MTO popping up frequently, that was the point of my question. If there were enough interests, this could be the next MTO :)