• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CROCKETT & JONES) - OFFICIAL AFFILIATE THREAD

steveyoo1983

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
so with the discount floating around id hop on another mto anyone got any ideas cooking ??
Someone has proposed a plain toe blucher (PTB) in cognac shell, on Detroit last. In the interest of full disclosure, I should say that I have expressed interest in this proposal.

Regardless of whether you join in this MTO, I should also add that Mr. Yoo has done a very good job with both MTOs I have done with Gentlemen's Footwear (, and I have ordered shoes through 3 different Carmina distributors).

There is currently the Forest Last Saddle Shell Shortwing Derby in Double Leather sole and also the PTB in Cognac Shell MTO that we just need few more!

1.Saddle Shell Shortwing Derby (Forest)

2. PTB in Cognac (Detroit)

Great price!
Discount made my decision easy...brown semi-brogue ordered!
Thank you both! :)

steveyoo1983

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Good day gents,

Thank you everyone for participating in the 2 boots MTOs.
This is the Final Call for the Dark Cognac Shell Boots and the Dark Brown Suede Chukka :)

*** I am pretty sure some of you have already heard, but there seems to be a shortage of shell cordovans lately and Carmina just informed me today that the shell orders might run a little longer than their normal 2-3 months time frame***

1. Punched Cap Toe Boots (973) in Dark Cognac Shell

- Rain Last (wide option avail)
- Double Dainite Sole
- Dark Brown Edge Trim
- Purple Lining

2. Five Eyelet Chukka Boots (905) - in Dark Brown Suede

- Simpson Last
- Dainite Sole
- Dark Brown Edge Trim
- Purple Lining

Last but not least,
Finally got some pictures of the 'Rusti-Calf Green' from Carmina as some requested.

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Split toe monk on Simpson last perhaps......

I would agree but I dont like the simpson haha.

I was thinking more of a plain toe like this:

PapaRubbery

Reaction score
Steve,

I'm usually a 6F (UK) (40 EU).

I'm looking at your amazing Carminas in the Rain and Inca last. Would you suggest a 6 in the Rain, and a 5.5 in the Inca?

Your shoes look fantastic and are tempting me like crazy - thanks for putting them on such a great sale price!

steveyoo1983

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Steve,

I'm usually a 6F (UK) (40 EU).

I'm looking at your amazing Carminas in the Rain and Inca last. Would you suggest a 6 in the Rain, and a 5.5 in the Inca?

Your shoes look fantastic and are tempting me like crazy - thanks for putting them on such a great sale price!
Hi PapaRubbery,

Thank you for your kind words :)
I suggest you do not size down half but stick with the same 6 UK for both Inca and Rain.
Let me know if you have any other questions & cheers!

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Steve,

I noticed that most of your offerings are on the Rain last; does that mean most people have higher insteps?

steveyoo1983

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey Steve,
I noticed that most of your offerings are on the Rain last; does that mean most people have higher insteps?
Hmm, Not quite sure to be honest. Maybe others can chime in on this?
I think it all depends on the individual's tolerance level too. I have a high instep and even Rain are not high enough for me at first (tho the cork at the bottom do sink in a little after few months of wear) A close buddy of mine has a really low instep but doesn't mind the high instep on Rain (plus he wears his shoes half size too big in my humble opinion but again, personal preference
smile.gif
)

Carmina MTO Navy Shell Fullstrap loafers
Big ups to Steve for this MTO!
Happy Thanksgiving gents!
Those loafers are breaking my heart.....I know I shouldve ordered one for myself. Looking good Justin!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Order placed. Many thanks.
BTW, would you consider stocking in UK 5.0 as well?

Thank you sir! Possibly in the future :) We can always order them for you in 5 UK for our MTOs and pre-orders.
We will have December Pre-order & MTO announcement in few weeks!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads