• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CROCKETT & JONES) - OFFICIAL AFFILIATE THREAD

konda

Reaction score
There is that 5-eyelet dark brown suede chukka (Rain) out there that's pending 3 more guys. I'm in on that, but I'll admit I'd prefer it on Simpson as that's more of a chukka shape in my eyes.

I would be interested in brown Simpson chukkas (I have dark brown derbies already and enough dark shoes) - whether it has 2, 3 or 5 eyelets.

rc121

Reaction score
any word on this rustic green calf yet? Sounds very intriguing!

steveyoo1983

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
any word on this rustic green calf yet? Sounds very intriguing!
Still no pictures :(
Just sent Betty another email requesting it!! Hopefully by tomorrow?

steveyoo1983

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
MTO UPDATE!

1. 973 Captoe with Brogues (RAIN LAST) - Dark Cognac Shell Cordovan

The vote is in for the cap toe boots! We have more than 6 interests right now but I will send PM separately to those who's shown interest.
(If you do not receive a PM from me within the next hour or simply want to jump in last minute, please send me a PM)

- Cap toe with broguing (as is)
- Dark brown edge
- Double Dainite Sole

2. 905 Five eyelet Chukka (SIMPSON LAST) - Brown Suede

The original plan was for Rain Last but the same model is avail in Simpson Last. I have 3 interested at the moment and 2 pending confimration.
I will be sending a PM again within the next hour to those who expressed interest

- Sole: TBD
- Edge trim color - TBD

konda

Reaction score
^Steve I'm in for the Simpson brown suede chukka.

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

There is that 5-eyelet dark brown suede chukka (Rain) out there that's pending 3 more guys. I'm in on that, but I'll admit I'd prefer it on Simpson as that's more of a chukka shape in my eyes.

I would be interested in brown Simpson chukkas (I have dark brown derbies already and enough dark shoes) - whether it has 2, 3 or 5 eyelets.

^Steve I'm in for the Simpson brown suede chukka.

Guys can we clarify this? Is it a dark brown or brown. If I read this right Konda is interested in brown suede but not dark brown suede. To my knowledge Carmina has snuff which is a light suede and brown suede which is a dark suede.

Steve can you please check this with Carmina or can you post a swatch colors just so we are all on the same page.

steveyoo1983

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Guys can we clarify this? Is it a dark brown or brown. If I read this right Konda is interested in brown suede but not dark brown suede. To my knowledge Carmina has snuff which is a light suede and brown suede which is a dark suede.

Steve can you please check this with Carmina or can you post a swatch colors just so we are all on the same page.

Sorry for the confusion. This MTO is for brown suede shown below. (dark brown in my opinion). Carmina just calls it Ante Marrron (suede brown)

Only other brown shade they offer is Snuff (light brown in my opinion but some say it's a medium brown).
I dont think they offer anything in between ante snuff and ante marron

Here is the photo of string loafer in ante marron (brown suede) we are ordering the five eyelet simpson chukka.

Last edited:

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Steve,

thank you very much. By the way does Carmina offer blue or light blue lining?

steveyoo1983

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Steve,

thank you very much. By the way does Carmina offer blue or light blue lining?
No problem :)

Right now, they only offer tan, black, brown, purple, and red (a recent addition)
I dont think they offer blue but that might change in the future!

calidist

Reaction score
MTO UPDATE!

1. 973 Captoe with Brogues (RAIN LAST) - Dark Cognac Shell Cordovan

The vote is in for the cap toe boots! We have more than 6 interests right now but I will send PM separately to those who's shown interest.
(If you do not receive a PM from me within the next hour or simply want to jump in last minute, please send me a PM)

- Cap toe with broguing (as is)
- Dark brown edge
- Double Dainite Sole

2. 905 Five eyelet Chukka (SIMPSON LAST) - Brown Suede

The original plan was for Rain Last but the same model is avail in Simpson Last. I have 3 interested at the moment and 2 pending confimration.
I will be sending a PM again within the next hour to those who expressed interest

- Sole: TBD
- Edge trim color - TBD

Speaking of lining, what color lining do we want to do for these boots? I like purple--something fun to look at when tree'd but never to be seen when worn.

konda

Reaction score
Sorry for the confusion. This MTO is for brown suede shown below. (dark brown in my opinion). Carmina just calls it Ante Marrron (suede brown)

Only other brown shade they offer is Snuff (light brown in my opinion but some say it's a medium brown).
I dont think they offer anything in between ante snuff and ante marron

Here is the photo of string loafer in ante marron (brown suede) we are ordering the five eyelet simpson chukka.

I'm game for this color. I need chukkas per se so as long as they're not black, I can compromise. The only option I'd really not prefer is a double leather sole because it makes the shoe so bloody stiff and gives me heel slippage.

But so that there's no misunderstanding: this color suede really is very dark brown. So the above photo lies - a lot. Really couldn't come very much closer to black... At least this is the case in my derbies which I received two weeks ago.

Last edited:

dlm4114

Reaction score
^^ second non-double leather soles. tbh i'd prob prefer single leather, but it's not a deal breaker for me. anyone have any other thoughts re: linings or edge?

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Speaking of lining, what color lining do we want to do for these boots?  I like purple--something fun to look at when tree'd but never to be seen when worn.

I believe we are going for purple lining. Normally I do not like it but I think it will look nice inside against the dark brown suede color and you right it will be quiet subtle.

I will take any soles you guys agree to. As far as edge trim goes i really do not know, it will knot be a deal breaker for me, but does anyone have any a picture examples???

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads