• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CROCKETT & JONES) - OFFICIAL AFFILIATE THREAD

konda

Reaction score
I think that's irrelevant because the answer is never beyond Halloween.

calidist

Reaction score
Rustic green sounds amazing I have to agree.

I also really like that captoe boot. Cognac would be amazing!!!
In for Cognac. Curious if we could do it as a plaintoe boot instead of a captoe if folks are into that?

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

[COLOR=FF0000]4. 973 Captoe[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF](without broguing on the cap)[/COLOR] [COLOR=FF0000]boots in[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]Saddle shell or Cognac Shell[/COLOR] [COLOR=FF0000]- Rain Last (2 interests) [/COLOR]

What kind of sole? I'd be interested if it were leather sole and dark cognac.

Last edited:

calidist

Reaction score
What kind of sole? I'd be interested if it were leather sole and dark cognac.
My preference is for a Dainite sole stitched into a single leather midsole or alternatively, a double Tomir rubber sole.

Last edited:

steveyoo1983

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi everyone! Happy Friday
biggrin.gif

First and foremost, I want to thank each and every single one of you gents for your support and the love you've been showing me & my store!

I've mentioned this few months back but as a single person team starting this new venture without any previous fashion / retail experience, other than a great passion for shoes and menswear, I couldn't have done it without you all
smile.gif

Looks like most of the MTOs and pre-orders were shipped out and received. Thank you everyone for posting pics, emailing me, and sending me a PM about your experience. It truly makes me happy to see a satisfied customer! I know there is always a room for improvement so please feel free to reach out to me if you see an area where we can improve even more!
Cheers!

Young 'Steve' Yoo

Last edited:

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Steve thank you for being so patient and being so open to different MTO options. I think there has been great communication and nothing was overpromised/under delivered. Cant wait for the shortwing to be a go and I want to see where that shell boot goes.

dlm4114

Reaction score
^^ co-sign with JK -- the whole transaction was like butter and the shoes are on point in every way. first order of many i am sure. may have to throw in a pocket square next time too... speaking of, steve, how often does drake's come out with new runs of squares? i like a lot of their one-run stuff. you had one up a while ago (with the clock) that i had planned on throwing in with the shoes but it's gone now. woe is me, i know :violin:

Last edited:

mp1472

Reaction score

Wanted to throw a pic up of the lizard mto shoe. Wow it really came out nicely and I received many compliments at work.
Anyway many thanks and look forward to some more :p

Agnelli413

Reaction score

Wanted to throw a pic up of the lizard mto shoe. Wow it really came out nicely and I received many compliments at work.

worship2.gif
worship2.gif
worship2.gif

Way to go!!!!!

steveyoo1983

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Looking good!!! one of my fav quotes here in SF...wear it in good health!

^^ co-sign with JK -- the whole transaction was like butter and the shoes are on point in every way. first order of many i am sure. may have to throw in a pocket square next time too... speaking of, steve, how often does drake's come out with new runs of squares? i like a lot of their one-run stuff. you had one up a while ago (with the clock) that i had planned on throwing in with the shoes but it's gone now. woe is me, i know
musicboohoo[1].gif
Yes, that was the Valentines Day Limited edition :)
I will be ordering more Drakes (new 2014 S/S Collection) ties & squares at Pitti in Jan so stay tuned!

Steve thank you for being so patient and being so open to different MTO options. I think there has been great communication and nothing was overpromised/under delivered. Cant wait for the shortwing to be a go and I want to see where that shell boot goes.
Thank you as always for you support Justin!!

steveyoo1983

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
1.Saddle shell short wingtip (4 confirmed!) - forest last (wide option avail)

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinkapur

Hey guys I have been thinking about getting a shoe like this and wanted to see if we can build a MTO through Steve

Forest Last Shortwing
Double leather or Dainite
Saddle shell
Lining color open to discussion as well

Here are some pics:

2. Plain toe Blucher (PTB) in Cognac Shell (4 interests) - wide detroit last

Just need 2 more participants for the two MTOs above! Send me a PM for details :)

Last edited:

greverif

Reaction score
Fantastic! I am truly jelaous of booth the sadel Shell shoes and the lizard singel monks.

dlm4114

Reaction score

Well I've been enamored with RM Williams chelsea style boots lately and just e-thrifted a pair that I love. Throwing out a thought here......but anyone up for a Chelsea (or Jodhpur) boot in python snakeskin? Carmina Python Snakeskin: On a Chelsea boot: Or Jodhpurs as above....
What about a Chelsea in lizard ?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads