• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) - OFFICIAL AFFILIATE THREAD

steveyoo1983

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey Steve, can you confirm that we won't be hit mistakenly for duties made in the EU? Some couriers still make that mistake (items made in EU are exempt from duties in Canada).
Correct I've been using DHL duties paid option for high dollar items to Canada and various other countries and had no issues what so ever :)

steveyoo1983

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Sdig14

Reaction score
If I am a 7.5 in the Rain last, would you guys recommend going to an 8 in the Simpson last? I have a slightly wide foot, but barely wider than standard, so not sure if I should just avoid the Simpson completely.

Looking at the quarter brogues in chocolate suede on the site.

Also, noticed the Carmina shoe trees are not available, any chance they will be restocked?

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I am a 7.5 in the Rain last, would you guys recommend going to an 8 in the Simpson last? I have a slightly wide foot, but barely wider than standard, so not sure if I should just avoid the Simpson completely.

Also, noticed the Carmina shoe trees are not available, any chance they will be restocked?
The only way to fin out is to try. Simpson last did not work for me even after I sized up a half size.

KWang94

Reaction score
They look even better in person :)
It looks like they still have few sizes available if you (or any other gents) are interested.

I now offer complimentary DHL shipping to Canada with duties and taxes included for higher value items such as EG & Orazio :)
Damn, time to make another order of Carminas :D

steveyoo1983

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I am in between D and E width on the Brannock device and UK6.5 Rain fits me well.
I used to take UK7 on Simpson but they proved to be slightly longer than my liking over time.
I tried UK6.5 (same as my Rain) for the same suede oxfords (snuff in my case) and they worked out quite well :)

Carmina shoetrees are back in stock & I've just updated the webstore.
Cheers,
Steve

Sdig14

Reaction score
I am in between D and E width on the Brannock device and UK6.5 Rain fits me well.
I used to take UK7 on Simpson but they proved to be slightly longer than my liking over time.
I tried UK6.5 (same as my Rain) for the same suede oxfords (snuff in my case) and they worked out quite well :)

Carmina shoetrees are back in stock & I've just updated the webstore.
Cheers,
Steve
Well, free shipping over $500 to Canada, correct? You made my decision tough, ha. Think I will go with the Simpson, regular size, then if they don't work I can just pay to ship them back and then come visit the store in person.

The girlfriend and I are planning a trip to California in the summer, so I will be allocating time for both the zoo and your shop!

Thanks,

Eric

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.