1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) - OFFICIAL AFFILIATE THREAD

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by steveyoo1983, Jun 2, 2013.

1. heelguy

heelguy Senior Member

Finally broke down and bought the EG Alderley boots today. Really looking forward to them-thanks Steve.

2. steveyoo1983

steveyoo1983 Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Many thanks gents! Happy New Year :)
    Steve

3. wigglr

wigglr Distinguished Member

0A500DE5-945F-43D1-AF19-A3A45CE58F15.jpeg FDA786CD-1DC7-41F4-A251-7FE62C89CE2D.jpeg

New MTO came in today

7C1B330C-56B9-4C45-844C-EB223D55F276.jpeg

4. steveyoo1983

5. patliean1

patliean1 Distinguished Member

@wigglr Nice! I have yet to have my DWW fabric made up. It's been a year LoL

6. wigglr

7. CLTesquire

CLTesquire Senior Member

@steveyoo1983 do you have any sort of sizing specs (shoulder width, chest, and waist) for Orazio jackets? It's tough to buy those things online without a try on and no one in my area of the country carries anything like that.

8. steveyoo1983

Yes!
    So our Orazio stock sizing is very similar to what Orazio Luciano has listed on their webstore (except for the jacket length & jacket sleeve as our store RTW features jackets 1cm longer and 1cm slimmer than OL's webstore stock measurements...again very similar...)

I can always ship out trial sport coat (or a suit) based on your typical RTW sizing along with some fabric bunch books as well. Once you receive your trial suit, we can discuss about possible changes.

I certainly understand this is not the ideal/bespoke experience (and it's certainly priced much lower than a bespoke sportcoat/suit) but for gents who fairs well with normal RTW sizing but wants to customize jacket length/sleeve length or design changes, this MTO option should serve well.

For example, I used to be US38 (EU48) for RTW sport coats/suits which used fit me well except for the jacket length & sleeve lengths (jacket was too short and sleeves were too long for my body)...and I need some design changes (I wanted slightly wider lapels, softer shoulder and patch pockets instead of flap pockets). Nowadays, I've packed on few extra pounds (apprx 20 lbs) and I am now US40 (EU50) and most of the RTW sport coats/suits are too long for me...

Beauty of this MTO feature is...once again...we can sen you a RTW Orazio jacket/suit for your trial purposes and we can figure out the length (if you want it slightly longer or shorter) / slimness of the jacket / design changes (lapel width/pocket design/inside lining color) / whether you want shoulder padding (full padding, slim padding, no padding) and etc

Please feel free to email me for details (or text me / call me)

Cheers,
    Steve

Last edited: Jan 7, 2019

9. wigglr

Just want to say that this MTO/MTM process that Steve describes works very well

10. othertravel

othertravel Distinguished Member

That's an amazing feature!

11. wigglr

429AD5D0-C53C-4BAF-BA1D-244BC38F3076.jpeg

Orazios (or almost all)

12. WillingToLearn

WillingToLearn Distinguished Member

i haven't made up the green fox flannel yet. how often are you reaching for it? i love the cloth, i just am not sure I'll wear it more than twice a year...

13. wigglr

I personally tend to reach for solids/herringbones more often, so, as that tends to be my MO, I'd say every other week at most. It's a gorgeous fabric and the colors are exquisite.

14. steveyoo1983

Happy weekend gents!

Edward Green updates us with monthly list of factory stock program shoes as well as few 'limited time only & limited sizes' odd stock pairs (they are of first quality and NOT factory seconds or rejects)

Please note, this list is different and very limited compared to EG's official webstore.
    EG's webstore is their London store stock and they are not necessarily something we can pull from right away.

I will try to post few notable, cool make ups here on a monthly basis which we can pull from the factory right away (apprx 2-3 weeks for delivery)

Without further ado, here are some cool make ups I saw on the recent Jan 19 list.
    Kindly email or DM me with your sizing if you would like to order a pair.

- Cadogan / 202 E / Redwood Calf / Natural R1 (Thin Rubber Sole)
    - Camden / 82 (both standard E & F width avail) / Black Calf / Leather Sole
    - Dover / 606 (very few E & F width avail) / Rosewood Country Calf (Scothgrain) / Dainite
    - Duke / 137 E / Mink Suede / Leather Sole
    - Galway / 82 (both narrow D & standard E width avail) / Chestnut Utah / Dainite
    - Galway / 202 (F wide width only) / Navy Country Calf / Ridgeway
    - Galway (Veldt) / 72 E / Rosewood Country Calf (Scothgrain) / Ridgeway
    - Kentmere / 72 E / Dark Green Utah / Ridgeway
    - Kentmere / 72 E / Navy Utah / Ridgeway
    - Kentmere / 72 E / Black Utah / Ridgeway
    - Newmarket / 82 E / Dark Oak / Leather Sole
    - Piccadilly / 184 E / Mink Suede / Leather Sole
    - Shanklin / 202 E / Navy Suede / R1 (Thin Rubber Sole)
    - Shanklin / 202 E / Tobacco Suede / R1 (Thin Rubber Sole)
    - Shanklin / 202 E / Loden Suede / R1 (Thin Rubber Sole)
    - Westminster / 888 E / Tobacco Suede / Leather Sole