GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) - OFFICIAL AFFILIATE THREAD

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by steveyoo1983, Jun 2, 2013.

Tags:
  1. JIMB

JIMB Senior member

Yea, this was one thing that dissuaded me initially, too. However, I recommend thinking about Steve's shop as the cool backroom you have an open invitation to visit with a quick email or txt ahead of time, rather than a traditional store with specific hours maintained by a less-than-knowledgeable staff. In the cool backroom you get to meet your buddy, the owner, over a glass of whiskey and hear stories about the old days while looking over the exciting stuff just about to come out.

I hope I don't kill Steve's free time, but seriously, just send a PM or email with whatever time works for you.

2. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

hope to make it there soon

3. Mr. Six

Mr. Six Senior member

@JIMB Glad you were able to make it. I agree that Steve has a nice program. It's been a while since I was at the Armoury, so it's hard for me to recall the differences. Maybe they weren't significant, but my lasting impression was that Steve's stuff was more pleasant overall. In terms if direction, I just meant that for those looking for soft Italian tailoring with a Neapolitan influence (which is a lot of the board at this point!), the OL custom program seems like a pretty good option to explore.

4. wristandfeet

wristandfeet Senior member

Thank you Steve!

FullSizeRender.jpg

5. steveyoo1983

steveyoo1983 Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

6. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl The Moral Squirrel Dubiously Honored Moderator

A couple shots from a visit with Steve and Sam (his tailor). Picture of me is wearing my first jacket that they assessed before putting in my next order for a lighter than navy W/S/L from Caccioppoli...the collar was accidentally popped on my jacket. Had a great time, drank some great beers, and walked away with this awesome Drakes tie. Thanks again, Steve!

unnamed.jpg

IMG_2736.JPG

unnamed-1.jpg