• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CROCKETT & JONES) - OFFICIAL AFFILIATE THREAD

greasymonkey

Reaction score
well welll well intersting project you have going on here; am a believer Steveyoo1983 . I will need a last that will accomodate a wide fitting in ant MTO.
The shells look very appealing!!!!!!! Is the Forest last a wide fit or standard fit??? Willl be interesting if there was a rerun of these saddle shells as well.

steveyoo1983

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
well welll well intersting project you have going on here; am a believer Steveyoo1983 . I will need a last that will accomodate a wide fitting in ant MTO.
The shells look very appealing!!!!!!! Is the Forest last a wide fit or standard fit??? Willl be interesting if there was a rerun of these saddle shells as well.
Forest is standard fit but available in wide fit option for MTOs
biggrin.gif

steveyoo1983

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
They are definitely wide fit.

I believe the picture below is member Fiddler's PTB in Cognac Shell (Saddle Shell will be slightly lighter of course)

Below is Armoury's Longwing in Detroit as well. (we have a Cognac Shell Longwing coming in stock in the next few month as well
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

PorDucMan

Reaction score
Received the Saddle Shell Derby MTO. Could not be happier with these. The soles are oak bark tanned from JR, I wasn't expecting that! Thanks for making this happen, Steve. Apologies for the poor photo quality...

Edited to add: Yes, they really do look that dark, at least with my indoor lighting. Almost like Cognac shell. With natural lighting, they appear lighter as in Steve's photos.

Last edited:

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^

Wow, can't wait to receive mine! I didn't know about JR soles, incredible.

aldenwear

Reaction score

They are definitely wide fit. I believe the picture below is member Fiddler's PTB in Cognac Shell (Saddle Shell will be slightly lighter of course) Below is Armoury's Longwing in Detroit as well. (we have a Cognac Shell Longwing coming in stock in the next few month as well
icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif
Those are great looking! Ptb in saddle shell and cognac shell!

Todd V

Reaction score
Received the Saddle Shell Derby MTO. Could not be happier with these. The soles are oak bark tanned from JR, I wasn't expecting that! Thanks for making this happen, Steve. Apologies for the poor photo quality... Edited to add: Yes, they really do look that dark, at least with my indoor lighting. Almost like Cognac shell. With natural lighting, they appear lighter as in Steve's photos.
Wow that dark in person?? I am confused! Maybe I can do saddle instead of cognac. :confused:

Last edited:

steveyoo1983

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Wow that dark in person?? I am confused! Maybe I can do saddle instead of cognac. :confused:

Hmm... I think that might jst be a combination of porducman's saddle shell batch being a little darker than others, plus poot inside lighting? Mine & others I've checked are def lighter....here is 'un-instagramed' 'un-edited' photo via my iPhone taken outside the same day

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads