• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CROCKETT & JONES) - OFFICIAL AFFILIATE THREAD

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was also worried but Young is saying that since there is no lacings its better to be a bit tighter to avoid heel slippage.
Promises, he's 100% correct. It's not specifically no lacings, it's the vamp size. Your shoe has room to slide forward until your toes get upfront more. I rather enjoy the fit for my foot.

dlm4114

Reaction score

DLM you gotta hop on board bro!!!

I believe it was a full strap the entire time, I dont think it changed.

I was also worried but Young is saying that since there is no lacings its better to be a bit tighter to avoid heel slippage. I have 9UK in simpson and it fits pretty ok, just narrow in the toe box for my liking. I bet after a few wears it would be perfect.

I have no loafers and this would be my first loafer ever! Dont let me go loafer-less!!!!

I think I just didn't look at that picture closely enough, I figured it was just the 80191 since it was a penny on the Ueteam. I just checked a couple of the posts from the Carmina sizing thread that I'd saved a while ago and am feeling great about the size decision. I'm in. Let's do this. And, dude... these are my first loafers too...

steveyoo1983

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Never seen such beautiful side profile detail on a full strap penny before! these in navy shell!
cheers.gif
I think this one is good to go at this point!

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you guys get 6 for the loden / calf boot I'll get in on the navy loafer

dlm4114

Reaction score

Totally agree. Simpson!! It doesn't get nearly the spotlight it should.
Agreed here -- if you look around their last collection online, the Simpson by far has the best range for my money.
Never seen such beautiful side profile detail on a full strap penny before! these in navy shell!
cheers.gif
I think this one is good to go at this point!
I agree about that view -- I was already pretty sure I was gonna do it, but when I saw that pic I knew it wasn't even a question. It actually made me want the shoe enough to consider doing the MTO alone if it feel through, ha. I wish they had a sliding scale, like, 50% just you, 40% you and a friend, 30% for three, and so on. Question -- will/can these have the purple lining, like the suedes do in the image on the first page?

steveyoo1983

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
If you guys get 6 for the loden / calf boot I'll get in on the navy loafer
Loden Calf boot is going to be amazing! we have 3 listed so far. I've requested more pics from Betty so we should hear back soon!

steveyoo1983

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Agreed here -- if you look around their last collection online, the Simpson by far has the best range for my money.
I agree about that view -- I was already pretty sure I was gonna do it, but when I saw that pic I knew it wasn't even a question. It actually made me want the shoe enough to consider doing the MTO alone if it feel through, ha. I wish they had a sliding scale, like, 50% just you, 40% you and a friend, 30% for three, and so on.

Question -- will/can these have the purple lining, like the suedes do in the image on the first page?

I definitely plan on getting more simpson next year.

Purple lining looked very nice on navy shell. This shouldnt be a problem!

dlm4114

Reaction score

I definitely plan on getting more simpson next year. 

Purple lining looked very nice on navy shell. This shouldnt be a problem!

Two perfect answers. That purple lining is going to be great.

Now I need a navy belt... anyone have recs? I know Epaulet carries one, but I'm coming up short thinking of where else to look. Would Carmina do one? Calf is fine, in fact, it's probably preferable.

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Two perfect answers. That purple lining is going to be great.

Now I need a navy belt... anyone have recs? I know Epaulet carries one, but I'm coming up short thinking of where else to look. Would Carmina do one? Calf is fine, in fact, it's probably preferable.

Affiliates Equus leather has a beautiful Navy belt. Thats where I got mine

Cuttingboard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have the chocolate brown suede string loafers been ordered?

steveyoo1983

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey Steve do you know how many we have for the Navy Loafers?

I finally got my stupid signature to have the link for this thread
5 confirmed so we just need one more!

thecool85

Reaction score
Hey Steve do you know how many we have for the Navy Loafers?

I finally got my stupid signature to have the link for this thread

5 confirmed so we just need one more!

So hard not to hop on board this mto. I just need to lock down my Uetam size first before I throw any more of my money away.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads