1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) - OFFICIAL AFFILIATE THREAD

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by steveyoo1983, Jun 2, 2013.

Tags:
  1. calidist

calidist Senior member

Not sure. My vote is for a double dainite sole. What were you thinking?

2. steveyoo1983

steveyoo1983 Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Just got the word back from Betty!

For the 973 Boot in Rain Last, They can do as is with brogueing, or clean stitch lines as well. I am open go with the majority vote :)

Same for shell choice, I thought the general consensus was for Saddle shell? If not we can certainly change it to Dark Cognac.

3. justinkapur

justinkapur Senior member

Thats awesome news Steve. I still think that we should leave brogueing as it will be more of a casual boot and doing a boot with a clean captoe will be more formal. As we are doing a boot with open lacings it is more casual and therefore having brogueing will complete the casual boot.

I want the boot, I prefer brogueing (not deal breaker), I prefer shell.

Dainite, double leather, york, lining color are options I am indifferent to.

4. steveyoo1983

Sounds great! many thanks Justin for confirming :)
    Which shell do you prefer btw? Saddle? or Cognac? (or are you okay with both?)

5. justinkapur

I think cognac might be better IMO but I am ok with either. Maybe Steve can we have some comparison shots between the 2 colors

6. steveyoo1983

Sure thing! I think Cognac will be a nice rich color for the boots as well :)

cognac on the left, saddle on the right!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

7. justinkapur

Cognac will be stunning. My money is for cognac.

8. aldenwear

aldenwear Senior member

I had expressed interest in the plain toe blucher. I will participate with saddle shell and double leather sole. I am sure the cognac will look great, but I do not have a need for the shoe in cognac.

9. SpiffEngineer

SpiffEngineer Senior member

I have expressed interest in these PTBs, and I am for cognac with double leather soles. Having a 'bulky' shoe in a lighter color like saddle makes no sense to me; the way I see it, light, playful colors should be used for shoes that are ornate (e.g. AE strand), elegant (e.g. single leather sole wholecuts), or unique (e.g. 2-eyelet derbies above).

Last edited: Nov 8, 2013
  10. steveyoo1983

Sorry I think theres been some confusion (my fault for posting PTB pictures)....I think Justin meant Cognac Shell for the 973 boots below

[​IMG]

and Yes, the PTBs are currently for Cognac Shell at this point (3 confirmed and 1 interested at this point) sorry about that aldenwear :(

11. aldenwear

aldenwear Senior member

Fair enough. Maybe another PTB make-up.

I would be interested in the chukka in saddle shell with the broguing as well, but not in cognac. But, obviously, understand if the volume to get it mad goes in another direction.

12. calidist

calidist Senior member

To make sure we're all on the same page, here's the makeup I'm proposing for these boots:

Style: 973 with either perf captoe or straight captoe - i'll go with majority on this
    Last: Rain
    Color: Dark cognac
    Sole: Double Dainite
    Welt and Edge Dressing: ? - open to suggestion, I think a light to middle antiqued brown would look best
    All blind eyelets
    Pull tab: Yes

13. Mr. Six

Mr. Six Senior member

My preferences. It seems that I might be interested in a slightly dressier boot than everyone else.

14. calidist

calidist Senior member

I'm trying to find a happy business casual medium. I'd highly prefer a double dainite sole. I'll work with the welt and edge dressing and no pull tab if you're flexible on the sole.

15. forsan

forsan Senior member

Hi gents - reiterating my interest and clarifying my preferences on the shell boot.

To be honest, I am very flexible, but simply have two main preferences - straight captoe and Dainite sole. I'm sure wherever the majority lands, I'll be okay with it.

16. othertravel

othertravel Senior member

Has anybody here tried the Phila last? Any thoughts?

17. justinkapur

Can we setup a voting system because I think we all have too many variables and some people have preferences that are deal breakers.

Forsan are you against brogueing? I know it sounds stupid to ask but I just want to make sure.

18. forsan

forsan Senior member

No stupid questions - better to be safe than sorry.

No, I am not opposed. I think the boot/concept would have to drastically change for it to be a deal breaker for me.

19. Mr. Six

Mr. Six Senior member

I set up a Google form to try to gauge interest in different options for the 973 boot MTO. I'll leave it open through Tuesday (US Pacific). You don't have to answer any question or provide your SF nickname. I only included the latter so that people could check their answers. All of the responses should be viewable. Let me know if I missed anything.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Tmt9Rdj9HltUjpH-breZYAhdEh3UWcSr6gOWCXj5gGk/viewform

Link to see results: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Tmt9Rdj9HltUjpH-breZYAhdEh3UWcSr6gOWCXj5gGk/viewanalytics

Last edited: Nov 9, 2013
  20. steveyoo1983

Wow this is great! thank you for this! I think we have 4 definitely interested so far. and would just need two more! :)
    Let me post this up on Carmina thread as well!

Sorry never tried Phila...maybe others can chime in??