• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CROCKETT & JONES) - OFFICIAL AFFILIATE THREAD

SushiOfTheGods

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Great work. Especially on those to the right. Deets on those?

And I can attest to the customer service of Steve, it's awesome.

Thanks! I've yet to even wear Steve's burgundy brogues but once I have them broken in I'm going to have to work on them as well! Steve provided me with a Saphir Burgundy cream with the shoe which is just wonderful.

The ones to the right are Carmina Medium Brown Captoe with no medallion.

Originally:

eljlakers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You've got impeccable taste!!!
1f601.png

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mimo, you are the funniest bastard on SF, I swear.

And yes, maybe just maybe the Carmina folks have got a few skins of fluoro green shell stashed away somewhere that everybody has forgotten about. Enquiring minds wish to know.

Baked Potato

Reaction score
Winter is coming, and so does my need of black balmoral boots, as a formal harsh weather replacement for black Oxfords. Who's with me on this MTO? :D

Specifications:

Carmina Balmoral Boot
Robert/Forest (would prefer the prior)
Black calf
Single Dainite sole
No speed hooks
Plain cap toe (no punching)

Last edited:

aldenwear

Reaction score

I am looking for an Alden Tanker boot

Steve does not sell Aldens. Why are you looking for sushi in France when the place to look for sushi is obviously Japan (the Alden thread)?

Of course, Carmina, a brand Steve does sell, offers a great looking tanker - style boot. While not identical to the Alden model, some believe it is even more attractive than the Alden tanker.

steveyoo1983

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Looking good my man! Those open derbies will serve you well with the casual pants & jeans! :D
Cheers!!

Quote:
Mimo, you are the funniest bastard on SF, I swear.

And yes, maybe just maybe the Carmina folks have got a few skins of fluoro green shell stashed away somewhere that everybody has forgotten about. Enquiring minds wish to know.
Alh No more shells (not even the wild colors) avail for orders at this point.
I remember green shell & ruby shell did last the longest before their 'shell order block'

As soon as they shell cordovans are avail to order, you will definitely here from me here on my thread! (and at Carmina thread as well haah)
Cheers!

I am looking for an Alden Tanker boot
Hi Gates!
We do offer Carmina Tankers boots made to order (example shown below in navy with stormwelt & commando sole option)

Currently they are not taking anymore shell cordovan orders but I am currently working with few members to work on the same tanker boots above in calf (possibly very dark burgundy museum calf)

Winter is coming, and so does my need of black balmoral boots, as a formal harsh weather replacement for black Oxfords. Who's with me on this MTO?
biggrin.gif

Specifications:

Carmina Balmoral Boot
Black calf
Single Dainite sole
No speed hooks
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

MGD83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Winter is coming, and so does my need of black balmoral boots, as a formal harsh weather replacement for black Oxfords. Who's with me on this MTO? :D

Specifications:

Carmina Balmoral Boot
Black calf
Single Dainite sole
No speed hooks

Awesome idea - would the toe have a plain stitch cap?

Baked Potato

Reaction score
Quote:
Yes, a plain (straight) stitch toe cap is what I'd like. Basically, it's a black oxford, but a boot! :) Are you in? If so, only four more to go! :slayer:

Last edited:

MGD83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Quote:
Yes, a plain (straight) stitch toe cap is what I'd like. Basically, it's a black oxford, but a boot! :) Are you in? If so, only four more to go! :slayer:
Not sure yet, although I'd love to be. I'm on a list already for a black calf and grey suede balmoral. If that's a no go, I will probably be in. What about a black wingtip boot rather then stitch cap, that way it's a little less formal looking. All the same details you spec'ed out:

SushiOfTheGods

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Just finished my polish job on the new burgundies. I didn't complete the mirror shine because I think it'd look too un-informal-like. :p

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads