GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) - OFFICIAL AFFILIATE THREAD

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by steveyoo1983, Jun 2, 2013.

Tags:
  1. DonRaphael

DonRaphael Senior member

Was that intended for me? If so, the finer grain the better. The grain JL used in my pic was hatch, thus my suggestion to go with it. But if Carmina is able to provide something finer, I'm ok with that.

2. justinkapur

justinkapur Senior member

I meant to just target anyone who was interested in the particular makeup. I agree finer is better. Steve will have to be the one who confirms for us. Are there more interests for this shoe?

Again thinking of:
    Rain Last
    Dainite Sole
    Burgundy/dark brown pebble grain

3. DonRaphael

DonRaphael Senior member

Thanks. Best is to wait for Steve's suggestion.

4. steveyoo1983

steveyoo1983 Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Yes! I've seen Carmina doing burgundy grain in the past :) Sorry I dont have the picture :(

We have two interested at this point for the wingtip derby boots in Forest last :)

They do have burgundy grain but it is not the fine, tight grain. Just a plain scotchgrain like you see on our 973 boots below :)
    http://gentlemensfootwear.com/colle...emaker-captoe-boots-in-brown-scotchgrain-calf

Sorry no 'finer' grain at this point

I have extra wide Rain myself and in my humble opinion the toe box is not as wide and nothing like the detroit last.
    If you compare it side to side, you might see a bit of difference at the widest point of the shoe but the toe box seemed to be same sleek Rain last.
    I couldnt tell the difference when comparing my 5.5 EEE 80201 quarter brogue and my 6 regular 954 captoe oxford to be quite honest....
    but again this is just my humble opinion. Let me try to get some pictures for you gents tomorrow :)

PM sent! They will close few days after we have our 6!

Glad to hear PR!! Enjoy them in great health & cheers!

5. steveyoo1983

steveyoo1983 Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

That is a great looking shoes Don!
    Unfortunately, that design is something that Carmina does not offer at this time :(

6. justinkapur

justinkapur Senior member

7. DonRaphael

DonRaphael Senior member

Thanks for the quick reply, Steve. I was under the impression that Carmina would provide any model/alteration possibilities as long as we are enough people. My mistake. Thank you for sorting it out. I guess I'll go through another maker (probably Vass). =)

8. golfinz

golfinz Senior member

For those interested in the oscar last captoe jumper boot, the below is a visual comparison between the natural sole edge and the traditional brown sole edge. Both boots are a skoetie make up and both are CXL

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Keen

Keen Senior member

Looks more like Bestetti than Lobb, but it's a beautiful shoe :)

edit: found it, and hnnnnngh!!! http://ilpiaceredivestirsi.tumblr.com/post/76617907416/frecciabestetti-novecento-line-model-york-in

Last edited: Aug 29, 2014
  10. mikeharo

mikeharo Senior member

I prefer the traditional brown edge. Everyone here knows this but I think its important to give credit where its due. Steve has been incredibly helpful via PM. I want to publicly acknowledge his helpfulness.

11. DonRaphael

DonRaphael Senior member

Yeah, I was told (by member j ingevaldsson) they're Bestetti Novecento, York model, Perfetta-last, Borgogna (burgundy) hatch grain. More pictures: http://frecciabestetti.tumblr.com/post/76537397842/novecento-line-model-york-in-hatch-grain

They're awesome. Must have them in the near future.

Edit: I see that the info was given in your link also. Answered before I opened it.

12. Bertel

Bertel Senior member

Very helpful @golfinz , thanks!

Given this direct comparison, I must say I'm not sure what's best - natural being quite a stark contrast (plus for an adverse conditions beater probably difficult to maintain and 'keep natural') yet pretty interesting, while brown is traditional and inoffensive, yet also a bit 'dull'...

@laufer, @MGoCrimson, @rydenfan : what are your thoughts please?

13. MSchapiro

MSchapiro Senior member

I am perhaps wrong in comparing it to Detroit then :). Here are the pictures. I'm not sure what it is, but the oxford does seem to lose the soft square character that makes the Rain last great. For comparison I have my extra wide rain lasted loafer (which seems fine to my eye), an inca lasted boot one size up and my Meccariellos. They are also wide, but maintain the squared off tip.

It just seems to me like for the extra wide rain Oxford Carmina didn't square off the welt enough or tip of the shoe.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is an Armoury pic for a stock photo.
    [​IMG]

14. MGoCrimson

MGoCrimson Senior member

I prefer this sole edge color. I believe Carmina does a few shades of brown sole edge. This lighter/slightly reddish brown is the sole edge on my cognac/tan shoes with a darker brown on others
    [​IMG]

I think we have 5 so far?
    @laufer @rydenfan @Bertel @mikeharo please confirm and give thoughts on sole edge color
    @golfinz any way we can convince you to come to go commando (I snickered, as I am 5)

15. Todd V

Todd V Senior member

Steve,

# 3. 80176 Chukka / Dark Brown Suede / Soller / Dainite - Pre order

How many eyelets on this chukka? Is it five like the Simpson lasted version you have in stock now?