GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) - OFFICIAL AFFILIATE THREAD

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by steveyoo1983, Jun 2, 2013.

Tags:

1. thecool85

thecool85 Senior member

This picture makes me remember how much I want a taupe colored chukka. Not unlike the one this gentleman is wearing.

[​IMG]

2. justinkapur

justinkapur Senior member

I have a pair of tan suede chukkas and I love them and beat them up. That picture reminded me of John Lobb X Paul Smith collaboration. If they did it in the loden suede I think it would be an easy pick up

3. steveyoo1983

steveyoo1983 Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

TGIF everyone!

Navy Shell Penny Loafer MTO - The order was already 'announced' to the factory with brown standard insole and it may be a little too late for change on this one unfortunately.

Navy Shell Jodhpur MTO - Betty did not confirm availability on Red lining at this point, so I will report back once I hear back if this is possible.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saddle Shell Punched Captoe in Rain - We have 4 so far and just need 2 more to get things going!

Black Lizard Single Monk in Rain - Rain Last has been confirmed for this order and we just need 1 more!

Have a great weekend everyone and please do not hesitate to call/text/PM/email me anytime including weekends if you have any questions/concerns
    Young 'Steve' Yoo
    714-865-5754

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh and we have some new Drake's Pin Dot Ties now in stock! (and new Cappelli stocks including some knit ties for summer coming next week.)
    http://www.gentlemensfootwear.com/collections/drakes-london-ties-pocket-squares

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited: Jun 28, 2013

4. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

[​IMG]

Also, thank god someone finally did the lizard MTO. I wanted in but I can't afford it right now (so don't even try, ya hear!).. I saw it all over the place and was wondering when someone would gobble it up.

5. WiredandTired

WiredandTired Senior member

Hi Steve,

I'd like an idea of where the cap toe is placed on the rain last. Would it be possible to see the proportions from an overhead view on the burgundy calf captoe on your site if you have on available to photo?

6. rc121

rc121 Senior member

I really want to get in on the Black Lizard Single Monk in Rain, but I really don't want to figure out my Carmina sizing for the first time on a MTO.

anyone with pretty wide feet only size down half from their US size? I wear an 8EE or 3E in my allen edmonds lasts and wondering whether I should do a 7 or 7.5.

7. badsha

badsha Senior member

Rain is EE width chiseled toe. It is a bit more snug than the Inca which is also EE width round toe.

8. steveyoo1983

I think half down might work better for you. If it helps, I will measure both length and width for both 7 & 7.5 rain for you later this evening!

will do later this evening!

9. rc121

rc121 Senior member

I understand that Carmina sizes it as a EE, but wouldn't that be UK width equivalent to a standard US E. This is the opinion I've gotten from several people and a US E would not fit me in my standard size, as I'm between EE and EEE.

10. SpiffEngineer

SpiffEngineer Senior member

I have shoes in Soller, Rain, and Inca (all EE); and I can confirm that you are correct. I wear US 8E (Allen Edmonds), and Carmina 7UK EE. Soller seems to be the roomiest of the EEs in my opinion. The Detroit and Forest-wide lasts may be a good option if you are looking for more width. The Carmina sizing thread has more information on this subject.

11. stmaier

stmaier Senior member

hey all...any interest in getting an MTO going for this "Tanker"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

in this burnished scotchgrain

[​IMG]

I think this would be an excellent Fall make-up

12. steveyoo1983

Thank you stmaier!
    SoGent! whatcha think about those boots & that leather?

13. SoGent

SoGent Senior member

yes Mr. Steve . . . . i'm in. Simpson last please or another fairly sleek. That leather just won't look as good on a 'blob' last haf sole please

The 'sleek ness' of THIS is how i would like to see it turn out
    [​IMG]

Also want to pitch an idea to Betty that may twist her knickers a little

Last edited: Jun 29, 2013

14. stmaier

stmaier Senior member

here is another pic of the tanker

[​IMG]

I think if it was done on the Rain last it would look very similar to the EG Nevis

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This boot would also look very nice in either Saddle or Cognac cordovan...I would prefer the York sole

Last edited: Jun 29, 2013