• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CROCKETT & JONES) - OFFICIAL AFFILIATE THREAD

golfinz

Reaction score
^while I kind of agree, arguing over a lining is, IMHO, a waste of time.

Either way, if this Adelaide mto has a purple lining, I'm in. If it has the stock lining, I'm in as well :)

steveyoo1983

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Steve, we had previously discussed a chukka on rain last in some color of grain leather for fall (originally discussed hatchgrain but changed to scotch grain). Will we still be planning on doing this makeup? I'd be interested in this once we get the tobacco suede austerity brogue and I confirm my size.
yes! Im still game for the idea! ;)

ianGP

Reaction score
I know it's a lining and only I'll see it when my foot's not in the shoe but there-in lies those small details that we all care about *at least me*

And plus, all my MTO's from Steve have purple linings - I'd like to keep that tradition ;)

Last edited:

steveyoo1983

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I know it's a lining and only I'll see it when my foot's not in the shoe but there-in lies those small details that we all care about *at least me*

And plus, all my MTO's from Steve have purple linings - I'd like to keep that tradition
wink.gif
cheers.gif
thanks for being our sixth!
awesome!

steveyoo1983

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey gents! a quick update on our MTOs that are getting some tractions!
(try not to laugh TOO hard at my sad attempt at photoshop lol)

1. Dark Brown Scotchgrain Jumper boots / Victory sole with Storm Welt / Oscar Last - 5 possible interests!

2. Dark Brown Scotchgrain 973 perforated captoe boots / Dainite Sole / Rain Last - 4 interests

@leicadokyu @calidist @PapaRubbery

(pictured in smooth leather but the MTO will feature scotchgrain dark brown leather)

3. Dark brown suede Adelaide / Leather Sole / Rain Last - officially good to go with 6! let me know if you want to join in!

Last but not least here are all the pre-orders we have going on now on this page linked below

http://gentlemensfootwear.tumblr.com/post/84855818737/carmina-shoemaker-pre-order-mtos

Cheers!
Heres an updated list of our current MTOs!
Feel free to send me a PM for any questions :)

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sure we can do the purple lining :)
I dont think we have flat laces option for this dress shoes MTO but I can send you some extra!
jump in & you maybe our sixth!
this MTO will come with the regular round dark brown laces :)
Carmina ships some of their chukkas and some of the more casual shoes with thicker flat laces.
exactly how i felt 
nod%5B1%5D.gif

I think SkoAk's version had flat laces, right? Anyways, if possible I'd also like some flat laces. You could just add the additional cost to my total. Thanks :)

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

golfinz

Reaction score

And plus, all my MTO's from Steve have purple linings - I'd like to keep that tradition
wink.gif

Cool with me! Let's get the purple lining

pinkpanther

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Well, since Carmina has the poor judgment to abandon a distinctive suede offering, is anyone up for a spectator Adelaide? Say a mix of Grey and navy calf? Or grey suede and dark grey or, instead of grey calf, black or navy calf? Or some mix of tan and brown calf?

We were bold before. Let's not let Carmina ' s iniquities ruin our high.

A grey suede and navy calf spectator Adelaide would make me :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads