1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) - OFFICIAL AFFILIATE THREAD

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by steveyoo1983, Jun 2, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Notreknip

Notreknip Well-Known Member

I'm interested, but the timing is kind of "wrong" for most of the world considering the upcoming month off at Carmina. I imagine we'd be better off getting movement on this next March?

1 person likes this.
  2. jungleroller

jungleroller Well-Known Member

Got my MTO in! Thank you Steve for everything, especially for the extras! Trying em on.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. Cleav

Cleav Well-Known Member

^ :slayer:

Superb Jung, superb!

1 person likes this.
  4. Young Pro

Young Pro Well-Known Member

What's the pricing on this one? Feel free to send by PM.

5. borbor

borbor Well-Known Member

6. MGoCrimson

MGoCrimson Well-Known Member

Ah darn, I forgot Carmina closes in July :(

7. JezeC

JezeC Well-Known Member

For the Detriot last,

Do you guys generally size down half size or one full-size from the Barrie?

I feel like I can probably do a full-size but it can be rather tight. I'm definitely half-sized down from the Rain and I take the same in the Simpson.

So...

Barrie - 8.5D
    Rain - 8UK
    Simpson - 8.5UK
    Detriot - 8UK, but can "probably" squeeze into 7.5UK but not not certain.

Thoughts?

8. steveyoo1983

steveyoo1983 Well-Known Member

Thank you for the great feedback forsan! Im currently visiting your great city at the moment :) Loving the moutains & nature up here! :)

Hi there! Looks like JezeC already got you covered with the answer :)
    Yes there are variations but Cognac Shell from Carmina seems to be in between Ravello and Cigar (closer to Ravello).

The dark Cognac shell was bit more like Cigar but the truth of the matter is Carmina factory does not honor? the term 'dark cognac shell' when placing the MTO order.
    For our last 'dark' cognac shell order, we simply asked the factory to use darker shade/variation of cognac shell batch they had in stock to be used :)

However with the shortage of shell cordovans in general, I dont know when Carmina will start accepting shell orders again :(

I've got many ideas & I get so many great idea/suggestions from members on a daily basis :)
    Just cant wait till shell cordovans come back in stock!!

Looking good JungleRoller! Glad they arrived safely.
    Wear them in good health sir!

Love the tobacco suede penny idea! (maybe even a full strap version with the curved side profile??)
    They do close 3 weeks for summer holiday in August :(

I personally recommend to size down half from Barrie for Detroit (and Rain) if you have wide feet.
    If you have narrow (or even medium wideth) one full size from Barrie for Detroit might work....

9. MGD83

MGD83 Well-Known Member

Is detroit significantly wider then rain to justify going down a half size? I'm saying this for those who have a regular D width foot.

10. MGoCrimson

I'm on board with either a full strap or half strap. And I will wear suede loafers well into the fall myself - social conventions and SF approval be damned

11. Baked Potato

Baked Potato Well-Known Member

I presented this MTO idea for a spring/fall/mild winter chelsea boot in the Carmina thread. Just wondered if anyone here would be interested.

Specifications:

Last: Inca/Forest (dosen't really matter)
    Dark brown (chocolate) suede
    Single Dainite sole

Anyone interested? It's a classic makeup and will most certainly look awesome! [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 27, 2014
  12. Keen

Keen Well-Known Member

I'm participating in a GMTO for Skoaktiebolaget for an Adelaide in Tobacco Snuff. We recently got an email that Carmina changed suppliers of Tobacco Snuff due to the old supplier going bankrupt, without notice, and the new version is, from looking at photos, really different. Will this also affect the tobacco suede chukka MTO? I would assume so since the Adelaide MTO predates the Chukka one. Have you heard anything from Carmina, Steve?

13. europrep

europrep Well-Known Member

Oh boy. Thanks for update. I based my decision on the lovely Tobacco suede I handled in person a few months ago from the old supply.

Update on MTO would be greatly appreciated.

14. Burton

Burton Well-Known Member

Yes All above is true but it is my understanding that Skoaktiebolaget is passing along a discount to make up for it. Yes. The original was better, but I am going forward with the new version. (They gave me the chance to opt out). I still like the shoe. I can't wait to get mine. Stylistically the shoe is perfect.

15. RogerP

RogerP Well-Known Member

Jungleroller, awesome pic of some fantastic shell.

1 person likes this.
  16. MGoCrimson

Damn, I really liked the golden brown/reddish hue of the old tobacco suede

17. agedashidofu

agedashidofu Well-Known Member

+1

18. Keen

Keen Well-Known Member

Yes, Skoaktiebolaget has made the best of an unfortunate situation. My shoes are coming in a second batch in a few weeks, so I'll make a decision then. Fortunately I think that the Chukka might lend itself better to that color.

19. rydenfan

rydenfan Well-Known Member

Anyone heard from Steve lately? I sent him a PM a few days ago and haven't heard back. He typically responds immediately.

20. tchoy

tchoy Well-Known Member

I think he may be on vacation and traveling from a photo I saw of him in Instagram I am sure he'll he get back to you soon.