GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) - OFFICIAL AFFILIATE THREAD

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by steveyoo1983, Jun 2, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Burton

Burton Senior member

I am looking longingly at the short wing. Very glad it isn't ruby SC or I would be very upset with myself as well. I have really been waiting for the boots.

2. Notreknip

Notreknip Senior member

Great news! Please put a jar aside for me to be included with an inevitable upcoming order.

3. justinkapur

justinkapur Senior member

4. eljlakers

eljlakers Senior member

Steve, Could you PM me a pic of the burgundy derby next to a dark brown or brown so I can get a better sense of the shade? Thanks!

5. RogerP

RogerP Senior member

You in on those shell beauties?

6. golfinz

golfinz Senior member

Well, just got my first pair of carminas and I am blown away at their quality and construction. I picked up a pair of burgundy cap toes on the rain last from Steve at GFW (Ill get to how awesome he is in a sec). I wear a us7 in AEs on the 108 last (their Vernon shoe) so I went with a uk6.5 in the rain.

After wearing them for a bit around my house and analyzing the fit, I think they might be too big,specifically in the tongue area - I have a gap between the top my foot and the tongue of the shoe when ithe shoe is on and when I tie the shoe, I can tie the laces as tight as the shoe allows and the sides of the shoe where the lace eyelets are, touch each other and I still have room in that area (ie I can't lace them down any more). I think they call this having a low instep. On top of that, I've got a medium to high arched foot too lol. The length is good but my foot moves around a decent amount bc of this roomy "tongue area." The laces of my AEs seem to be higher up/closer to the ankle vs the carminas (if that makes any sense). Anyways, Has anyone experienced this? Should I size down and see how that works? I have plenty of room to size down so the length won't be an issue.

As for Steve, let's just say he is one of the best vendors I've dealt with, period. He is the first person I've really dealt with from these boards, so I don't have much experience here, but I'm an avid car nut that wrenches on his own cars so I've done business with hundreds of car vendors and Steve is one of the best!. His responses are quick, courteous, and friendly. In helping me analyze the fit, we exchanged text messages and pictures during the day, and now night lol. Another big plus is that he is here in the US so dealing with returns, size issues, etc is painless! You rock Steve!

7. steveyoo1983

steveyoo1983 Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Yes sir! They are here & I just finished unpacking :)
    I will send you the invoice tomorrow and ship it out to you asap! Cheers!

[​IMG]

Just finished unpacking :)
    These 973 Cognac boots came out real nice and you gents wont be disappointed :)
    I will send you the invoice tomorrow and send it out to you as soon as possible! cheers!

Quote:
    Here you go!
    Black calf on left, Dark Brown (Natur Marron) middle, Burgundy (Natur Marron) on the right :)

[​IMG]

Thank you so much for you kind words! I really appreciate this.
    Might sound a bit cliche but I really enjoy what I do and all you gents here at SF make it possible :) Cheers!
    Steve

8. mp1472

mp1472 Senior member

Well would you look at those chuks....SEND INVOICE ASAP [​IMG]

on a side note if you think you can get enough participants on the grey loafer idea id be in !

Last edited: Mar 19, 2014
  9. steveyoo1983

steveyoo1983 Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Plain Toe Grey Suede Loafers! got about 3 - 5 interests so far :) I can we can make this happen!!

This below without the tassels / medallion :)

[​IMG]

Btw Model 950 Forest Last Semi Brogue in Snuff Suede is almost good to go at this point (just awaiting for few confirms!)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by New Shoes1 [​IMG]
    I'd be in for something like this in snuff suede on the Forest

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I've extended the Cognac Shell PTB until next week since few members wanted to try on their Rain for the first time to make the decision :)
    Do let me know if you would like to join! :)

Last edited: Mar 20, 2014
  10. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

Steve: in case there was any doubt, I'm confirmed for the Model 950 snuff suede semi-brogue on Forest last.

11. aldenwear

aldenwear Senior member

Unfortunately, I think I know the answer to this, but I would love to be in on the grey suede loafer, but I need a wide fitting. Is there any way at all this loafer can be made on rain or forest last? I just can't wear simpson or eutem lasts.

12. rc121

rc121 Senior member

+10000
    I've been previously told that they don't do a loafer on a wide fitting last, but I did see a recent MTO that claimed it was on rain so maybe Steve can inquire

13. RogerP

RogerP Senior member

Yep. Yours will no doubt arrive first, so I'll be looking for your early impressions.

14. mp1472

mp1472 Senior member

I understand you want to 1/2 size up on a simpson/ uteam...er...something from rain to fit??? The more I look at this loafer the more I want!![​IMG]
    I understand also suede is a bit more forgiving on the width issues?