• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CROCKETT & JONES) - OFFICIAL AFFILIATE THREAD

Burton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I knew I was going to regret not getting in on that boot MTO. I told myself I already have cognac jumper boots and the shade of cognac is too variable, but still, I knew ... :violin: Congrats, fellas!

I am looking longingly at the short wing. Very glad it isn't ruby SC or I would be very upset with myself as well. I have really been waiting for the boots.

eljlakers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Here is a sneak peak of our new arrivals :) sorry for the crappy low light iphone pics (better picture coming next week! along with our webstore update) 1. cognac shell captoe boots 973 (Rain, double dainite) - avail 5.5, 6.5, 7, 7.5, 8, 9 2. burgundy calf full brogue derby 80254 (Rain) - avail from 6 uk -- 10.5 uk 3. dark brown calf perforated cap toe 80201 (Rain) - avail from 6 uk -- 10.5 uk
Steve, Could you PM me a pic of the burgundy derby next to a dark brown or brown so I can get a better sense of the shade? Thanks!

golfinz

Reaction score
Well, just got my first pair of carminas and I am blown away at their quality and construction. I picked up a pair of burgundy cap toes on the rain last from Steve at GFW (Ill get to how awesome he is in a sec). I wear a us7 in AEs on the 108 last (their Vernon shoe) so I went with a uk6.5 in the rain.

After wearing them for a bit around my house and analyzing the fit, I think they might be too big,specifically in the tongue area - I have a gap between the top my foot and the tongue of the shoe when ithe shoe is on and when I tie the shoe, I can tie the laces as tight as the shoe allows and the sides of the shoe where the lace eyelets are, touch each other and I still have room in that area (ie I can't lace them down any more). I think they call this having a low instep. On top of that, I've got a medium to high arched foot too lol. The length is good but my foot moves around a decent amount bc of this roomy "tongue area." The laces of my AEs seem to be higher up/closer to the ankle vs the carminas (if that makes any sense). Anyways, Has anyone experienced this? Should I size down and see how that works? I have plenty of room to size down so the length won't be an issue.

As for Steve, let's just say he is one of the best vendors I've dealt with, period. He is the first person I've really dealt with from these boards, so I don't have much experience here, but I'm an avid car nut that wrenches on his own cars so I've done business with hundreds of car vendors and Steve is one of the best!. His responses are quick, courteous, and friendly. In helping me analyze the fit, we exchanged text messages and pictures during the day, and now night lol. Another big plus is that he is here in the US so dealing with returns, size issues, etc is painless! You rock Steve!

steveyoo1983

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Steve, any dark brown suede chukkas show up in that shipment?
Or did I miss something? (It has been a busy week.)

Yes sir! They are here & I just finished unpacking :)
I will send you the invoice tomorrow and ship it out to you asap! Cheers!

All three of these shoes are winners. I can't believe how awesome the boots look - when do they ship???
I may have to sell a pair of shoes so I can pick of one or both of the others.
Wow, the 973 captoe looks excellent. Can't wait to get my pair!
Thanks, Steve!
Can't wait for my boots!!!!!
When do they ship? Sorry for being the millionth person to ask
Just finished unpacking :)
These 973 Cognac boots came out real nice and you gents wont be disappointed :)
I will send you the invoice tomorrow and send it out to you as soon as possible! cheers!

Quote:

Here you go!
Black calf on left, Dark Brown (Natur Marron) middle, Burgundy (Natur Marron) on the right :)

Well, just got my first pair of carminas and I am blown away at their quality and construction. I picked up a pair of burgundy cap toes on the rain last from Steve at GFW (Ill get to how awesome he is in a sec). I wear a us7 in AEs on the 108 last (their Vernon shoe) so I went with a uk6.5 in the rain.

After wearing them for a bit around my house and analyzing the fit, I think they might be too big,specifically in the tongue area - I have a gap between the top my foot and the tongue of the shoe when ithe shoe is on and when I tie the shoe, I can tie the laces as tight as the shoe allows and the sides of the shoe where the lace eyelets are, touch each other and I still have room in that area (ie I can't lace them down any more). I think they call this having a low instep. On top of that, I've got a medium to high arched foot too lol. The length is good but my foot moves around a decent amount bc of this roomy "tongue area." The laces of my AEs seem to be higher up/closer to the ankle vs the carminas (if that makes any sense). Anyways, Has anyone experienced this? Should I size down and see how that works? I have plenty of room to size down so the length won't be an issue.

As for Steve, let's just say he is one of the best vendors I've dealt with, period. He is the first person I've really dealt with from these boards, so I don't have much experience here, but I'm an avid car nut that wrenches on his own cars so I've done business with hundreds of car vendors and Steve is one of the best!. His responses are quick, courteous, and friendly. In helping me analyze the fit, we exchanged text messages and pictures during the day, and now night lol. Another big plus is that he is here in the US so dealing with returns, size issues, etc is painless! You rock Steve!

Thank you so much for you kind words! I really appreciate this.
Might sound a bit cliche but I really enjoy what I do and all you gents here at SF make it possible :) Cheers!
Steve

mp1472

Reaction score
Yes sir! They are here & I just finished unpacking :)
I will send you the invoice tomorrow and ship it out to you asap! Cheers!

Here you go!
Black calf on left, Dark Brown (Natur Marron) middle, Burgundy (Natur Marron) on the right :)

Thank you so much for you kind words! I really appreciate this.
Might sound a bit cliche but I really enjoy what I do and all you gents here at SF make it possible :) Cheers!
Steve
Well would you look at those chuks....SEND INVOICE ASAP
bounce2.gif

on a side note if you think you can get enough participants on the grey loafer idea id be in !

Last edited:

steveyoo1983

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Well would you look at those chuks....SEND INVOICE ASAP
bounce2.gif

on a side note if you think you can get enough participants on the grey loafer idea id be in !

Plain Toe Grey Suede Loafers! got about 3 - 5 interests so far :) I can we can make this happen!!

This below without the tassels / medallion :)

Btw Model 950 Forest Last Semi Brogue in Snuff Suede is almost good to go at this point (just awaiting for few confirms!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1
I'd be in for something like this in snuff suede on the Forest

I've extended the Cognac Shell PTB until next week since few members wanted to try on their Rain for the first time to make the decision :)
Do let me know if you would like to join! :)

Last edited:

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Steve: in case there was any doubt, I'm confirmed for the Model 950 snuff suede semi-brogue on Forest last.

aldenwear

Reaction score
Plain Toe Grey Suede Loafers! got about 3 - 5 interests so far :) I can we can make this happen!!

This below without the tassels / medallion :)

Btw Model 950 Forest Last Semi Brogue in Snuff Suede is almost good to go at this point (just awaiting for few confirms!)

Quote:

I've extended the Cognac Shell PTB until next week since few members wanted to try on their Rain for the first time to make the decision :)
Do let me know if you would like to join! :)
Unfortunately, I think I know the answer to this, but I would love to be in on the grey suede loafer, but I need a wide fitting. Is there any way at all this loafer can be made on rain or forest last? I just can't wear simpson or eutem lasts.

rc121

Reaction score

Unfortunately, I think I know the answer to this, but I would love to be in on the grey suede loafer, but I need a wide fitting.  Is there any way at all this loafer can be made on rain or forest last?  I just can't wear simpson or eutem lasts.
+10000
I've been previously told that they don't do a loafer on a wide fitting last, but I did see a recent MTO that claimed it was on rain so maybe Steve can inquire

mp1472

Reaction score
+10000
I've been previously told that they don't do a loafer on a wide fitting last, but I did see a recent MTO that claimed it was on rain so maybe Steve can inquire
I understand you want to 1/2 size up on a simpson/ uteam...er...something from rain to fit??? The more I look at this loafer the more I want!!
drool.gif

I understand also suede is a bit more forgiving on the width issues?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads