• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

gennaro paone: former head tailor of rubinacci

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
So, of the completed coats so far, it looks like Gennaro is willing to cut a fairly wide range of styles.

Here's something slimmer, shorter, and cleaning fitting. Shoulders come in a bit closer on the body.

Here's something a little more drapey and relaxed. The shoulders are extended, sloping, and have a straight, clean line.

And here's something with a very unstructured, concave shoulder line. Shoulders are again a bit extended. The lapels on this one, unlike the others above, have a bit more belly.

So maybe it's just a matter of specifying what you want. Those who want a cleaner fitting coat can get that; those who want a little more room can also get that.

kolecho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So, of the completed coats so far, it looks like Gennaro is willing to cut a fairly wide range of styles.

Here's something slimmer, shorter, and cleaning fitting. Shoulders come in a bit closer on the body.

Here's something a little more drapey and relaxed. The shoulders are extended, sloping, and have a straight, clean line.

And here's something with a very unstructured, concave shoulder line. Shoulders are again a bit extended. The lapels on this one, unlike the others above, have a bit more belly.

So maybe it's just a matter of specifying what you want. Those who want a cleaner fitting coat can get that; those who want a little more room can also get that.

You are absolutely right. My sharkskin and fresco numbers are the same spec as the linen and other earlier stuff from Gennaro.

kolecho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Huh, I thought all three of those jackets were from you. So that LL linen is maomao's?

Did you ask for anything different from your first commission to these two recent deliveries?

Yes, the LL linen jacket is Mao's.

I did not ask for anything different. If there is some difference in the end result, it's because of the choice of cloth. Look at the lapel roll of the sharkskin and fresco vs the linen.

Last edited:

kolecho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That sharkskin is the best I've seen so far from Paone (2). Thanks for sharing. Any differences you noted from your first order? Also, any new orders?

Will have Gennaro make me another suit and some sport coats. Any difference is down to the character of the cloth.

Last edited:

330CK

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Some recently delivered items from Gennaro & Andrea Paone during the Hong Kong trunk show. A grey sharkskin and navy Fresco. The boys will be back in Hong Kong in May/June 2015.

And a LL linen jacket

:slayer:

Finally read through the whole thread. Most enjoyable read in awhile. Just want to echo one point: Azzedine Alaïa is f'ing brilliant.

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Quote: Respect him a lot! Not only his actual work but his attitudes toward the industry are refreshing. He really runs his business true to himself.

Found his home and showroom he uses for his runway shows randomly roaming the streets in Paris last summer. It was pretty cool!

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm all for making fun of people and being immature, but do we really need to resort making fun of people's weight? Are we all 12 years old?

kolecho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Why so many fatties in HK? You guys giving Gennaro a taste of what to expect in America?

I was giving away freebies to test Gennaro's fitting skills since he claims to have done work for Pavarotti.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member