• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Genghis Khan stopped global warming

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the assertion that 20 million people in Asia can trace their lineage back to 1 Mongolian guy who lived the 13th century is even more interesting.

LONDON: Tom Robinson had long wondered about his family tree. He never suspected its roots might lie in the Mongolian steppe.

The Florida accountant knew that his great, great-grandfather had come to the US from England - but beyond that his research drew a blank. So he turned to the burgeoning field of "bioarchaeology", having his DNA tested to see what it revealed about his origins.

He was in for a surprise. According to a British geneticist who pioneered the research, Robinson appears to be a direct descendant of Genghis Khan, the Mongol warrior who conquered vast tracts of Asia and Europe in the 13th century.

L.R.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by willpower
I think the assertion that 20 million people in Asia can trace their lineage back to 1 Mongolian guy who lived the 13th century is even more interesting. LONDON: Tom Robinson had long wondered about his family tree. He never suspected its roots might lie in the Mongolian steppe. The Florida accountant knew that his great, great-grandfather had come to the US from England - but beyond that his research drew a blank. So he turned to the burgeoning field of "bioarchaeology", having his DNA tested to see what it revealed about his origins. He was in for a surprise. According to a British geneticist who pioneered the research, Robinson appears to be a direct descendant of Genghis Khan, the Mongol warrior who conquered vast tracts of Asia and Europe in the 13th century.
I've heard this before, one of my friends to doing research in a similar topic and he brings this up now and then. I think it's pretty damn cool. Also, read the comments under the story from the OP. Comments like that, combined with self righteous comments on other stories slowly erodes all respect I have for fellow man. And don't even get me started on youtube comments...

coldarchon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by L.R.
Also, read the comments under the story from the OP. Comments like that, combined with self righteous comments on other stories slowly erodes all respect I have for fellow man. And don't even get me started on youtube comments...

you speak about those who ask if stalin and hitler had been climate heros? lets face it, when people in sudan increased their population from 1.8m to 38m within the last 100 years, one should have an answer for desertification and world hunger ..

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads