• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Genghis Khan stopped global warming

meister

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the assertion that 20 million people in Asia can trace their lineage back to 1 Mongolian guy who lived the 13th century is even more interesting.

LONDON: Tom Robinson had long wondered about his family tree. He never suspected its roots might lie in the Mongolian steppe.

The Florida accountant knew that his great, great-grandfather had come to the US from England - but beyond that his research drew a blank. So he turned to the burgeoning field of "bioarchaeology", having his DNA tested to see what it revealed about his origins.

He was in for a surprise. According to a British geneticist who pioneered the research, Robinson appears to be a direct descendant of Genghis Khan, the Mongol warrior who conquered vast tracts of Asia and Europe in the 13th century.

L.R.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by willpower
I think the assertion that 20 million people in Asia can trace their lineage back to 1 Mongolian guy who lived the 13th century is even more interesting. LONDON: Tom Robinson had long wondered about his family tree. He never suspected its roots might lie in the Mongolian steppe. The Florida accountant knew that his great, great-grandfather had come to the US from England - but beyond that his research drew a blank. So he turned to the burgeoning field of "bioarchaeology", having his DNA tested to see what it revealed about his origins. He was in for a surprise. According to a British geneticist who pioneered the research, Robinson appears to be a direct descendant of Genghis Khan, the Mongol warrior who conquered vast tracts of Asia and Europe in the 13th century.
I've heard this before, one of my friends to doing research in a similar topic and he brings this up now and then. I think it's pretty damn cool. Also, read the comments under the story from the OP. Comments like that, combined with self righteous comments on other stories slowly erodes all respect I have for fellow man. And don't even get me started on youtube comments...

coldarchon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by L.R.
Also, read the comments under the story from the OP. Comments like that, combined with self righteous comments on other stories slowly erodes all respect I have for fellow man. And don't even get me started on youtube comments...

you speak about those who ask if stalin and hitler had been climate heros? lets face it, when people in sudan increased their population from 1.8m to 38m within the last 100 years, one should have an answer for desertification and world hunger ..

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.