• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Generic Man sneakers....??

snuff_daddy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anyone got any feedback on em or are they just ****** compared to shoes like CPs

heres there The Generic Man 2009 Spring/Summer Collection

2qd8ygp.jpg

generic-man-ss09-012.jpg

generic-man-ss09-011.jpg

generic-man-ss09-02.jpg

generic-man-ss09-04.jpg

generic-man-ss09-03.jpg

Clover216

Reaction score
I like these two: Chuckman Black:
chuckman_black.jpg
Sportsman White Canvas:
sportsman_white_canvas.jpg
However, they're a little too pricey for me. I maybe would get a pair if they were under $100. I'm already pretty set on a white pair of Spring Court Mid-Cuts.

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The greyish clay colored mid-tops are sweet, as are the white canvas mids, but I just can't get into the chukka/sneaker hybrid that generic man and common projects keep putting out.

London

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Buyer beware...I have 2 pairs they a got cheap at a sample sale. They look good, but contain cheap materials. CP's crush them.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
I own 2 pairs GM (the first and third shoe in the 2nd column up top), I own 3 pairs of CPs, and have owned other CPs in past. The difference between them is negligible. The leather and construction is marginally better on the CPs, but overall I like my GMs just as much and both are very solid shoes.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I also own both and agree with JD. Leather's better on CP's but they're over $100 more. The toe shapes are pretty different, I can definitely see having a preference for either.

mulansauce

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can't speak to their durability, but I definitely prefer CPs. I bought a pair of generic man lowtops on deep discount and I returned them the next day. They looked like orthopedic waitress shoes and the leather was fairly underwhelming.

JGP.

Reaction score
Where can I but the white canvas sportsmans?

snuff_daddy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i think revolve is starting to carry them

that means u can get 30% if u are a first time shopper

haganah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
and you care about the leather quality and durability because you wear sneakers for decades and will have them resoled?
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads