• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

general rant against badly behaved kids

kakemono

Reaction score
My younger cousin (I am 22, he is 6) likes to just run up and punch me all the time and its really annoying. I like pretty much everyone in my family except this terror kid. He is the most spoiled kid ever (probably a result of his parents using a parenting strategy that purpoosely never uses the word "no"... instead, the use his name)

This is one of those kids who won't put toys away... if you tell him to, he will say "no, you do it..."

Will dump his ice cream on the floor and call the dog over and laugh... or just walk away and not mention it.

The worst is that he always wants to fight and if I try to just lay there and ignore him or tell him I don't want to fight, he will try to (i'm not kidding here) fart in your face, punch me down low, or pour something on me.

Unfortunately, I lost my cool one time when I was dozing off and he walked up and pounded me between my legs and just as a matter of reaction or whatever, I layed a swift kick on him that sent him on his back. He doesnt really like me anymore... but thats good b/c I don't like him either.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lee lin
i'd rather be "cool uncle will" from the about a boy movie.
smile.gif

Or Uncle Ernie from Tommy?

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lawyerdad
Or Uncle Ernie from Tommy?

Just don't be Uncle Eddie...

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thepataphysician
Kid 1 - " coitus this homework, I'm going to the arcade"
Kid 2 - " Yeah, 50 math problems? Ms. Wilson (math teacher) can perform fellatio on me. let's go play some donkey kong."

All kids should read 1950s medical manuals translated from the German.

knownastron

Reaction score
Man... I'm 15 and I can remember a bunch of when i was a kid. I come from an asian family and my parents beat me so keep that in mind...

so anyways, man when I was a kid (4 or 5). My parents just let me do my thing... wow was I as free as a bird. Wanted to go to the park... walk out the door. Wanted to watch tv, go right ahead... Want food, just ask my mom (we don't have a dinner time.)

I was free... however when i do something wrong. Oh did it hurt. I learned a lot from my mistakes you know? I wasn't guided very much.

Like even now. My parents have a restaurant now and I'm more free than ever (always working). But like I'm a respectful kid, not trying to boast, just trying to share how I was taught and the result of it. I say please and thank you for everything, I'm just a straight up respectful kid.

I guess what you should get from this is... Beat your kids and you should be fine. I'm totally kidding, take whatever you can from this.
smile.gif

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I agree, this is a parenting problem. When classes on "parenting skills" are so common, you know society is ************. Have you ever seen the losers that tend to teach those classes? The blind leading those without eyes.

I grew up in a small rural town. If you fucked up in public, it was pretty much expected that any adult in the area would set you straight. If they were good friends of your parents, a spanking or slap was not out of the question. If something like that happened today, people would get arrested.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tiecollector
This is true, I want to have kids when I can afford them more easily also. However waiting til your 40s or 50s to start having kids is really not fair to the kids and chances of not having feasible offspring increases.

I will probably start having kids in a couple years. I need to find someone younger than me asap.

Established means, I've graduate from college and am settled into a stable job.

Jon.

visionology

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My girlfriend is watching this nightmare kid for her friend all week.

He is one weird kid, I met him yesterday and he seemed pretty normal in the car but in the house it seems like he has serious ADD. He even said "I have to go to the bathroom". Walked out 5 seconds later and when my girl said "Didn't you have to go to the bathroom?" he said "Oh yeah, I forgot" and he went back in ??? Freakin weird.

He is used to getting his way with everything. Last night my girl calls me crying and said that he took a knife from the drawer and said he was going to kill her because she suggested a book other than Dr. Seuss... I told her to hide all the dangerous objects in the house and if he does it again call me and I'll come over and take care of business. I could hear him in the background swearing at her and saying "I hate you".

She still has 4 days with this monster and the mother only gives her $100 for the whole week.

If my girl gets hurt because of this little psycho that family will have hell to pay.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
my brother came to visit this week, with 2 teenage daughters. girls who were perfectly nice the last time I saw them, and now are just little hell devils, for want of a better term. I am not looking forward to this stage, I will tell you. and, frankly, although my instinct would be to blame my brother and his wife for the situation, I can't tell that they haven't tried everythign that I would try.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by globetrotter
my brother came to visit this week, with 2 teenage daughters. girls who were perfectly nice the last time I saw them, and now are just little hell devils, for want of a better term. I am not looking forward to this stage, I will tell you. and, frankly, although my instinct would be to blame my brother and his wife for the situation, I can't tell that they haven't tried everythign that I would try.
I'd take it easy on them... I mean, teenage girls. Seriously, they could be the best parents of all time and there would still be nothing at all they could do about this latest development. I have two younger sisters, and let me tell you, there are some things that no amount of parenting can help. The good news is that they grow out of it, and then the good parenting shines through again. Whereas some teenage boys never grow out of it.

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cut your brother some slack. Teenagers are the worst. You think you were a perfect 15 yr old? My little sister was the most pleasant, polite, helpful and well-behaved child but the teen hormones seem to throw it all out of whack. Hopefully they recover without too much damage done by their twenties.

Like you said, I'm not looking forward to my kids' teens
confused.gif

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Conventional wisdom is that boys are more difficult in the toddler years, whereas girls more than make up for it as teenagers. But in your dotage, a daughter will take you and your wheelchair for a roll in the park, while your son(s) will stick you in a home and be content to never visit....
plain.gif

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by romafan
Conventional wisdom is that boys are more difficult in the toddler years, whereas girls more than make up for it as teenagers. But in your dotage, a daughter will take you and your wheelchair for a roll in the park, while your son(s) will stick you in a home and be content to never visit....
plain.gif

well, that is a cheerful thought.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads