• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

General Bike Thread (Desiderata, Questions, Pics)

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I could see upgrading to Di2 in a few years. I'd like to ride this about eight or so years and get my last next bike right when I retire.

bicycleradical

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wife told me today. "No more bikes" :(
I want a road bike. but have 4 bikes already.

It sounds like you have found where s-1 lies:

Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.While the minimum number of bikes one should own is three, the correct number is n+1, where n is the number of bikes currently owned. This equation may also be re-written as s-1, where s is the number of bikes owned that would result in separation from your partner.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want at least n+2, a fat bike for riding in the snow and a hard tail mountain bike.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
The plan is to put 3 BMX Bikes in the roof of the house. making space in the shed for a road bike. Hehe. . . .

Speaking of, Anyone hyped for the BMX in the Olympics?

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did anyone else watch the men’s Olympic time trial?

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Struck out on the Specializeds. I saw a few out of state only to find that the dealers have a common agreement to not sell bikes in each others’ markets. I get it but that always struck me as an antiquated policy (we had it as a protectionist policy when I was doing sales so you know it’s antiquated!)

how is BMC? Their bikes are pretty and seem to have extensive racing experience. That’s about all I know about them. Their dealer has a few in stock.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saw the results, but I don’t have a way to watch.

If you have NBC Sports on your TV lineup, you can use the app to watch replays. You might be able to do a short term subscription as well.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I cut the cord a few years ago, so no lineup. I can’t be arsed to subscribe to Hulu or Peacock or whatever. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Struck out on the Specializeds. I saw a few out of state only to find that the dealers have a common agreement to not sell bikes in each others’ markets. I get it but that always struck me as an antiquated policy (we had it as a protectionist policy when I was doing sales so you know it’s antiquated!)

how is BMC? Their bikes are pretty and seem to have extensive racing experience. That’s about all I know about them. Their dealer has a few in stock.
Funny they told me the same thing when I bought mine (early April). I called ahead and told them I was driving from a neighboring state. The SA told me they'd just been directed by Specialized not to sell to out of state buyers...though he happily accepted my $ for a bike. He thought it was a silly policy.

Last edited:

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The fact that the road races are ending on the Fuji F1 track is so cool. I'd love to combine two of my interests and ride a famous motorsports arena.

The Sea Otter Classic is at Laguna Seca. I know that’s not as big of a deal as a F1 track, but it was cool to ride on a racetrack.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I have ridden on most of the tracks where I've raced. Our motel was so far away last weekend, plus I had my son with me, so I didn't ride this one.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads