• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

General Bike Thread (Desiderata, Questions, Pics)

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I forgot to note that my willingness to blind you and others saved me $125! The black, silver, and (nearly as gaudy IMO) metallic blue are all full price, but the unloved fluoro is going begging at multiple retailers.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Gave my ride a trip to the day spa. It's all sparkly clean with a freshly lubed drive train. Of course it'll be all dusty by the end of tomorrow. :(

Althis

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got some new wheels for the steed, Industry Nine i35TL w/ Continental GP5000TL 28mm

PHyZb8Dh.jpg

UnFacconable

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's ski week at my kids' school so I decided to take the week off. Because Mrs. UnF is working, she thought it prudent to get childcare all week as well which leaves me plenty of time to recreate. Since we can't really go skiing due to COVID limitations, I decided I would mountain bike all week instead.

Today I spent the afternoon thrashing a fun and fast trail. Trail was almost empty (mostly retired dudes, which is awesome). I was worried that our recent heavy rains would make the trails turn to mush but fortunately there were just a few puddles and they were easily avoided. I'm excited to go on another two or three rides this week if I can!

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
Just reporting in to say that my Forks have finally arrived rebuilt and ready for spring.

Thanks to Mark.
If you have an older bike and want some forks to order?
Hit him up. for a reasonable deal.

Not a paid promo. just a satisfied customer who needed 26 inch fork,130mm travel, disk brakes,
1 1/8 threadless, with a 9mm QR axle. Which is hard to find off the shelf. so he made some.

Biscotti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's the spec (cuz I'm a loser):

Frame: Eddy Merckx Titan (Made my Litespeed in Chattanooga most probs)
Fork: ENVE
Wheels: White Ind. T11 on Light Bike Carbon Rimz 20 h f, 24 r. 2x lace, brass nips, Dura Ace skewerz
Brakes: Campy Super Record 2018
Cranks: Campy Super Record 2014 52/39, S/R BB
H/S: Chris King
Cassette: Campy Super record 25-11
Chain: Campy Record
Tires: Veloflex Arrenberg Tubular 25s
Pedals: Dura Ace
Seat Post: Thomson Masterpiece, Thomson Collar
Stem: Thomson Elite
Seat: Selle Italia - super lite carbon ****
Bars: Deda Superlergherarjah
Tape: Deda
Derailleurs: Campy Super Record 2015

Literally my dream bike. So nice having a bike completely fitted. **** I'm so high on glue right now.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
That's asking a lot from a bike!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics