• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

General Bike Thread (Desiderata, Questions, Pics)

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
That is a serious looking lock.

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@flipstah: Beautiful area, I guess a Calgary MUT?

Judging by the size of your backpack, you're going to need a much larger integrated downtube storage unit on your next fancy-bike. I mean of course only if you actually want to be a complete ....

Is that Bianchi your first pick-up from the co-op? Not bad. Does it fit you though? The ht seems very tall compared to the Norco, unless the photos are really deceiving me.

flipstah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That is a serious looking lock.

It's the SF-approved Kryptonite lock!

@flipstah: Beautiful area, I guess a Calgary MUT?

Judging by the size of your backpack, you're going to need a much larger integrated downtube storage unit on your next fancy-bike. I mean of course only if you actually want to be a complete ....

Is that Bianchi your first pick-up from the co-op? Not bad. Does it fit you though? The ht seems very tall compared to the Norco, unless the photos are really deceiving me.

Yup; it's the Calgary bike lanes that I paid for as a taxpayer so might as well use it! It's part of Canada's "Great Trail" network.

My commuter bag full of laptop stuff and notes. FML.

It is my first pick up from the co-op! She a big girl, but I couldn't leave her behind. I'll probably hold on to it and barter if I see a smaller frame, or start building it after the MTB is done.

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's the SF-approved Kryptonite lock!

Yup; it's the Calgary bike lanes that I paid for as a taxpayer so might as well use it! It's part of Canada's "Great Trail" network.

My commuter bag full of laptop stuff and notes. FML.

It is my first pick up from the co-op! She a big girl, but I couldn't leave her behind. I'll probably hold on to it and barter if I see a smaller frame, or start building it after the MTB is done.
That's fantastic, that trail.

Good eye on picking up the Bianchi. It's a decent frameset, good for fenders etc. I don't see how it would fit you, but maybe you can trade it like you said, or gift it to some sweet Calgary Flames cheerleader at Christmas. I hear (virtually, via Neil Young) that some of the gals are pretty big, out there in Alberta.... :)

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't get why their vintage derailleur is $300 on eBay.
People pay even more than that, for some of the older really "collectible" bits, if mint or esp NOS...insane $.

Campagnolo designs are always beautiful, the levers fantastic, the functionality great, all that, but I'm not sure anything will ever top, in terms of elegance, 2015 Campagnolo Super Record 11 RS Limited Edition. Still 5-arm, the last iteration. That group is sublime perfection, at least to me.

campagnolo%20super%20record%20rs%20%281%29.jpg

flipstah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's fantastic, that trail.

Good eye on picking up the Bianchi. It's a decent frameset, good for fenders etc. I don't see how it would fit you, but maybe you can trade it like you said, or gift it to some sweet Calgary Flames cheerleader at Christmas. I hear (virtually, via Neil Young) that some of the gals are pretty big, out there in Alberta.... :)

The trail is surprisingly vast and well blanketed with foliage. I do regret not returning back on the saddle earlier but better late than never.

I have spare wheels at my parents place so I’llsee what it looks like with wheels on. The components seem cheap with SR stem/drop bars, SIS rd... have to read up on the Blaze crank though. It’s called Bianchi Strada LX

Fun fact: we coat hangers that chase hockey players “puck bunnies”

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Ah, the memories of rando five-hole. Yet another sport where I'd not recognize the modern tech.

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The trail is surprisingly vast and well blanketed with foliage. I do regret not returning back on the saddle earlier but better late than never.

I have spare wheels at my parents place so I’llsee what it looks like with wheels on. The components seem cheap with SR stem/drop bars, SIS rd... have to read up on the Blaze crank though. It’s called Bianchi Strada LX
Definitely better late than never, and that area looks beautiful and peaceful to ride.

Yes, don't too get jazzed about the components, etc. It's a base Bianchi frame, good for a decent flip/trade for something similar down the line, but not a "special" bicycle.

I have no idea why this popped in my head just now re your co-op, but if you ever see a GT frameset/bicycle there, snag it.

flipstah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
:smile:

I see.

In other words, that's a Calgary-locals way of saying those gals have really excellent downtube storage units?

some of the girls I’ve met at the ranch bar here are pro stick handlers

Oh man: my parents neighbour builds bikes for fun and he had a bunch of frames dumped outside one day. He wasn’t home so I didn’T know if he was drying them out post wash but one was a GT frame.

It was gone after I had dinner but the other frames were still there so someone dumpster dove :(

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads