• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

General Bike Thread (Desiderata, Questions, Pics)

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
My integrated censor for speed and cadence is finally in; will drop off the bike on Monday and have them install as it was supposed to be on when I picked it up but we all know what the supply chain is like right now. They are giving me a set of cold weather leg coverings for free so not bad.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah he is.

Phil Liggett:
“Oh look Paul, here comes Blake Bleu, the rising young Anglo-French star of the Chaussures Stitched team, really pushing hard for the Col de l’Aubiscuit summit. Or is that the Ardiden? They look similar to me since they both tower above Briancon and then climb seven miles to nowhere…. In any case Brice Breeze is dancing on the pedals of his Pashley and hauling his great carcass up the mountain at the same time! This young man is really stretching the elastic of his stitching, heading into the final climb here. We’re sure not in Arkansas anymore, Paul, are we? Speaking of, just over there on the right I see the Po River valley coming up on the left just like last year, of course as beautiful as always. But I think last year it was flowing the other way, towards Sanremo, was it not? And now the peloton is passing a field of white cows. This region of Flanders is known for its bovine….Of course, none of that matters to any of the riders right now, chasing down Bleak Broth, except that they might like a nice steak at the end of day. Anyway, Paul, Bobbie Braise here reminds me of a young Alessandro Indurain, with so much power and grace. Just look at the mask of pain on the inside-out turned face on that man! Paul, now Brake Bruise…he’s Scots-Irish-Norman I believe…is saying to that Dutchman Roglic, “Are you coming with me, Dutchman Roglic???” And the answer is…”NOT!!” You know Paul, if there was a Mount Rushmore of cycling I would climb it on my Bike Friday no matter the day. Now, of course young Bradley Blaise may not win this Tour de Yorkshire, Paul, but either way I guarantee you this: These riders know how to win in style, and I assure you that this young Blakert the Bruce has stored an entire suitcase of courage in his secret downtube storage unit!!! Just how does on earth does he get it all in there, Paul, so much stuff crammed into such a small space!!!”

Bob Roll:
"What day ****???"

Maybe it's best for Bobke's sanity that he and Ligget aren't in the same room while commentating this year.

I love that Roll has to keep reminding Ligget that it’s not against the rules to discard bottles at the feet of spectators. I used to have a bunch of bottles from the SF Grand Prix and the Tour of California, and I'd imagine that catching one at le Tour is extra special. When my wife and I went to watch the 2013 stage on Alpe d'Huez, all I got was a polka dot t-shirt from the swag wagon and a bunch of candy and stuff.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
I got back into working on the 'Rona bike.
Fresh wheels.
DSC_4851.JPG
On.
DSC_4845.JPG

Old wheels. With new tyres.
DSC_4848.JPG
Of course put the tyres on the wheels.

But the sweet thing?
Last week I got decals in the mail.
Sneak peek..
DSC_4858.JPG
Satisfying.

flipstah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Huh?

Yo, Flip. putting decals on is very satisfying. :nodding:

Yes it is! I'm going to order the Kuwahara decals soon once I have the proper setup for my indoor condo shop.

Meanwhile, I found our local community bike shop and going to check them out to trade a 60cm frame for a smaller 52-53cm so I can turn it into a fixed gear over the winter while I work on the MTB as well. Going to be a busy winter!

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just ordered some Mr. Falcons in polarized grey. :)
Sweet...
I remember when I first ordered from them, liking that they were very responsive, and seemed to know what the hell they were doing.
I think they're all gear heads and rock climbers.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I remember when a Litespeed Ti was the shizznit.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here’s a picture I took of my Rock Lobster frame just before I rebuilt it after crashing and damaging the front triangle. This was for a product photography assignment in a photography class.

10AD83CA-0EAC-4A05-AD05-B0E0C348E1E4.jpeg

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ligget: I love that the speaker at the start announces the riders name as he goes down the start ramp.

Roll: Well, practice makes perfect.

Ligget:

Me: Does it really, Bob? Ligget’s has more practice than anyone.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
Put it back together to test the wheels.
Steering was a few degrees off. But meh, it's coming apart again a few times.
Anyway, here are some shots of the colours. And the decals.
DSC_4873.JPG
DSC_4877.JPG
DSC_4879.JPG
This build is personal.

Last night i ordered pads for the brakes, and a new headset. just hung up on the forks right now. bike is 80%

Last edited:

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
That was quite a time trial result.

flipstah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The best TdF finish since Lemond-Fignon.
That was an utter demolition reversal over only 36.2km (and actually over only 4.1km), no ******* around at all. What a brilliant brilliant ride. Historic stuff.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads