• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

General Bike Thread (Desiderata, Questions, Pics)

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Broke my face. Sitting in the ER waiting for a facial surgeon to drive up from the bigger hospital since the trauma guy here is busy with some much bigger problem that came after me (and I’m fine with that…facial guy will make me look better hopefully).

broke one front tooth clear off, seem to have chipped another, hope that’s the extent of the dental damage.

was riding closing day at the bike park. Have been meaning to get a full face helmet which likely would have totally saved me. Nothing but some minor scrapes elsewhere, no broken bones, don’t think I took a hard head hit overall , etc. Just need some stitches and then some dental work

bike frame is cracked

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Broke my face. Sitting in the ER waiting for a facial surgeon to drive up from the bigger hospital since the trauma guy here is busy with some much bigger problem that came after me (and I’m fine with that…facial guy will make me look better hopefully).

broke one front tooth clear off, seem to have chipped another, hope that’s the extent of the dental damage.

was riding closing day at the bike park. Have been meaning to get a full face helmet which likely would have totally saved me. Nothing but some minor scrapes elsewhere, no broken bones, don’t think I took a hard head hit overall , etc. Just need some stitches and then some dental work

bike frame is cracked
Man, good luck and keep us updated.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Good news is that the teeth aren’t so bad.

i think the broken off one was one that had previously been root canalled from a prior accident (so no pain) and might have enough left to latch on to. The other one is chipped but that’s it, so might get away without an implant.

face guy put in some stitches and seems pretty positive on it. Says no rush on the tooth stuff which at least makes life easier.

Last edited:

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yikes. Well by now you probably would have learned about more serious injuries like concussions and stuff. Good to hear it’s just a couple of teeth

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

bike frame is cracked
Sorry to hear it.

bicycleradical

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

bike frame is cracked

Holy crap! I'm glad to hear you're OK. I have a friend who spent the better part of a week in the ICU after a wreck at the bike park.

Keep us posted.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
What did the face doc say?

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

bike frame is cracked
Dude, really sorry to hear that and I feel for you. Here's hoping you get good outcomes - keep us posted!

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What did the face doc say?

Mostly one of those looks worse than it is should heal up nicely if taken care of. Not sure exactly how many stitches he put in across the 2 cuts that needed it but I'm hoping he did a good job. He did his residency in Miami, so that seems like a place where people want quality face-work...

Teeth and jaw mostly look good (other than the teeth being broken). Weirdly there's a tooth in between the one that's totally broken off and the partial...it definitely got knocked a little but hopefully it stays OK. No tooth pain--so I'm pretty sure the broken off one is the one that had already had a root canal (makes sense--it would have been weak).

Going to a dentist this afternoon to see what they say.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mostly one of those looks worse than it is should heal up nicely if taken care of. Not sure exactly how many stitches he put in across the 2 cuts that needed it but I'm hoping he did a good job. He did his residency in Miami, so that seems like a place where people want quality face-work...

Teeth and jaw mostly look good (other than the teeth being broken). Weirdly there's a tooth in between the one that's totally broken off and the partial...it definitely got knocked a little but hopefully it stays OK. No tooth pain--so I'm pretty sure the broken off one is the one that had already had a root canal (makes sense--it would have been weak).

Going to a dentist this afternoon to see what they say.
And maybe switch to road biking? It's safer in that it seems to be binary. You either do or do not get killed on rides. Very little middle ground.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hah

well the last time I broke my face it was on the road…and the roads here are scarier…

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads