• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

General Bike Thread (Desiderata, Questions, Pics)

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My road bike is ready to go… It’s going to be fun dodging all the extra cyclists on the road who are in town for Ironman Boulder 70.3 this coming weekend.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Don’t you guys have to work?? I wish I was riding now

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Don’t you guys have to work?? I wish I was riding now
I’m a perennial stay-at-home dad, and we have an au pair, so I can get out for a bit most days…

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You and @Omega Male need to publish a book for aspiring Men of Leisure™
Ive thought about writing about being a stay at home dad to three boys. But then, being a dad takes a lot of time.

smittycl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Spending the day in Seattle before hiking. Staying away from crowded areas and thought I’d check out Rapha. Small store downtown just east of the highway. Picked up a cycling shirt. Manager told me there used to be a Rapha store in DC until a year or so ago.

021ECD12-E184-49DC-B29A-9712F5DBE1CF.jpeg

smittycl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not your thing? I like their shirts and jerseys.
I have enough Assos and Panache bibs to last another ten years. Maybe eventually I’ll try something else.

flipstah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally got a bib and jersey! Corratec bib and Pearl Izumi jersey on sale.

I was panhandling for Rapha gear on the trail and someone gave me heads up that there’s an LBS sale. He still didn’t give into the Rapha fund.

EDIT: anyone tried Giro or Nike cycling shoes? I’m an 8E and there’s no stock to test fit near me. It’s all online

And I'm building that CF Look frame to be either fixed gear or single speed; have to find out if the fixed wheel I have will fit on the dropout... If so, I'll swap my Fizik Antares saddle onto it.

To replace it, I was looking at the Turbo saddle. Is that any good? Another contender is the Brooks B17 in antique brown or C15 Cambium

Last edited:

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How often do you get a haircut?

• Every 2 weeks

• Every 3 weeks

• Once a month

• Every 6 weeks or longer

Results are only viewable after voting.