Gaziano Girling x Kermit the Frog

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by jamaican, Aug 8, 2009.

1. jamaican

jamaican Senior member

As a person that contributed to my childhood in both Sesame Street and the Muppet show, Kermit deserves a lot of love and respect. I thought that one way to show my appeciation to the green guy would be to wear green skin as well.

I spoke to my favourite shoe makers, Gaziano & Girling and asked then to produce a green shoe. I didn't even know they did a green. I double checked that I was not losing my marbles with a cyber friend (thanks Mike!) and made the jump. I was expecting a hard aggressive shoe. What I got was not that. These are very smooth, very subtle (outside of a camera flash or bright sunshine) shoes. In the evening light they look from very dark green to green and sometimes black (as shown in one of the pics): I like them.

Gentlemen I give you the modified G&G Cannes in olive green crust leather (size 11 on the KN14 last). J
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Mannix

Mannix Senior member

Nice looking loafers. Not quite what I was expecting from the title though...

3. Manton

Manton RINO Dubiously Honored

Tony will make shoes out of bullfrog, you know.

4. distinctive

distinctive Senior member

I really like the simplicity of it, yet very sleek. My only qualm is that the leather is described as "crust"

5. RJman

RJman Posse Member Dubiously Honored

As a person that contributed to my childhood in both Sesame Street and the Muppet show, Kermit deserves a lot of love and respect. I thought that one way to show my appeciation to the green guy would be to wear green skin as well.

I spoke to my favourite shoe makers, Gaziano & Girling and asked then to produce a green shoe. I didn't even know they did a green. I double checked that I was not losing my marbles with a cyber friend (thanks Mike!) and made the jump. I was expecting a hard aggressive shoe. What I got was not that. These are very smooth, very subtle (outside of a camera flash or bright sunshine) shoes. In the evening light they look from very dark green to green and sometimes black (as shown in one of the pics): I like them.

Gentlemen I give you the modified G&G Cannes in olive green crust leather (size 11 on the KN14 last). J

I like them. They look bespoke, especially with that good a patina.

Tony will make shoes out of bullfrog, you know.
    In bespoke -- I don't know if he'd do it in RTW. In any case, bullfrog is a kind of revolting-looking leather. Looks like someone tanned the hide of the Creature from the Black Lagoon.

6. jamaican

jamaican Senior member

I like them. They look bespoke, especially with that good a patina.

In bespoke -- I don't know if he'd do it in RTW. In any case, bullfrog is a kind of revolting-looking leather. Looks like someone tanned the hide of the Creature from the Black Lagoon.

Thanks RJman. They are inspired by a bespoke shoe in the G&G bespoke gallery.

A sto bullforg leather... not for me thanks. I am trying to show Kermy some love, not kill his relatives. J

7. L.R.

L.R. Senior member

[​IMG]

8. mack11211

mack11211 Senior member

9. robin

robin Senior member

In any case, bullfrog is a kind of revolting-looking leather. Looks like someone tanned the hide of the Creature from the Black Lagoon.
    I think the look varies by the source. Some would be nice for accessories.

[​IMG]

10. BWB

BWB Well-Known Member

Very nice looking shoes. Are you worried about the color choice since G&G uses crust leather?

11. jamaican

jamaican Senior member

Very nice looking shoes. Are you worried about the color choice since G&G uses crust leather?

Not quite sure what you mean by "worried about the colour since.. crust leather". I am not worried. Crust leathers neeed a bit more meintenance than analine leathers, but that's not a problem for me. J

12. Drydis Greis

Drydis Greis Senior member

A very nice pair of shoes!

13. Michael Ay329

Michael Ay329 Senior member

This patina is on par with what I've seen out of Corthay. G&G are uping their game

Very well executed with the heavily antiqued/burnished front and the squared last looks nice

14. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

Great shoes..I love people who are not afraid to project their vision and personality through their clothes or shoes..
    The shoes look great ..

15. benjamin831

benjamin831 Senior member

Excellent, but I must say the antiquing seems a little too much for me.